All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2024 6:24 pm 

Hi,

I haven't followed the development of Stereo Tool for a few years so I'm sorry if this is a silly question. Anyhow, here goes:

Was the 'expert tweekers' setting in the configuration removed? I'm missing quite a few parameters that I used for the Advanced Clipper module in versions prior to 10.00. For instance, in Leif's highs protection thing you had quite a few options for the way Bass influences the whole thing. You had several options for how much dynamic bass is removed and how many bass stages it uses. All of these affected the final output tonality and I use these very often. Where can I find these settings in the new 10.xx release?

Also in the main Distortion tab of the Advanced clipper you had control over individual CPU strictness for each of the frequency areas. This too could be used and abused to affect tonality. Where have these gone? Not to mention the mids section which had smoothing and peak detection steepness. All gone now?

In short: I miss a lot of the expert tweakers parameters in many different areas of the whole system (the compressor has lost a lot of the more interesting features!). Can these be re-enabled somehow?

Cheers!
bManic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2024 7:32 pm 

It's all there, you just need to get familiar with new GUI, so, GL!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2024 9:10 pm 

Like Bojcha said, it's all there. Practically nothing has been removed. Just reorganized. The Clipper also got an update, so you might need to change its Legacy mode.

Might as well turn on depreciated settings in the Application Settings > Preferences too.

tip: Make sure to expand all > icons to show the full contents of each cell. Some VST hosts allow you to use CTRL-SHIFT-PLUS to expand all cells at once to get an easier overview.