All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: Stream url input
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:35 am 

Hello!

Im testing for the first time stereo tools. Very impressed so far. Im waiting for a 192khz capable sound card to arrive in order to do an on air test. Right now we feed our on air processor with a barix box. I see that stereo tools has a url input. Can i use this to set our studio stream url as the input source instead of via line inputs? If so, how can I do this and does it run shoutcast streams as url stream inputs?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Stream url input
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:45 pm 

Yes.. you need to install VLC player. In Input section in drop down list select "VLC" put your shoutcast link+port and that's it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:01 pm 
Site Admin

Just a small warning: Please be aware that this has not yet been thoroughly tested. It works, and it comes back if you pull out the plug and put it back in (it continuously tries to reconnect), but I have not yet done a test to see if it runs stable for multiple months on end. (This depends on the stability of VLC, which is probably good, I just haven't tested it yet. So chances are that it's ok.)

If you have multiple FM transmitters and you need to synchronize the audio, Stereo Tool can synchronize Shoutcast streams at different transmitter sites.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:01 pm 

Thank you! I just installed vlc and its picking up the audio stream from the barix box. I wont have a Marian card to fully test it, will have an audiophile 192. I know there will be some tilt. Does anyone have a video on how to correct tilt using this card?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:15 pm 
Site Admin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeJ5Xq5EEEU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:01 am 

I've seen the video but what i meant was a real setup calibration with a oscilloscope or any tool to do this. Or doing it with the software provided meters i will accomplish the same thing?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:08 pm 

Ok i manage to find an oscilloscope. The way to calibrate the tilt is by conecting the output of the card to the oscilloscope or the output from the transmitter?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:22 pm 

Parallel connection. So, soundcard to transmitter and scope to soundcard/transmitter. You can use some "T" connection.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:18 pm 

So lleft soundcard output to transmitter mpx input. Right sound card output to oscilloscope and transmitter rf test output to oscilloscope via T adapter?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:11 pm 

Quote:
So lleft soundcard output to transmitter mpx input. Right sound card output to oscilloscope and transmitter rf test output to oscilloscope via T adapter?
No. Choose what you'll use Left or right and always use that same. Attach with "T" connector to transmitter and 3rd end to scope.