All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: Stereo Tool 10.41
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2024 9:38 pm 
Site Admin

Stereo Tool 10.41 is released! This is mainly a bug fix release. Change log:
  • Added Multiband band 2 band linking slider to speech detection.
  • Bass intermodulation distortion protection is now an Advanced feature because it hardly affects bass anymore.
  • GUI: Native GUI now has a pulldown with list of errors.
  • GUI: MPX spectrum meter in native GUI looked bad when using skin with light background.
  • Web interface: Lots of improvements, among others in the graphs in parametric eq and multiband bands displays.
  • Web interface: Sliders were not released after taking finger off of screen.
  • Web interface: Titles not centered if the window is narrow.
  • Web interface: ID's are now visible in web interface code when using browser analysis tools.
  • Web interface: On very small screens, could stop working if widgets were outside of the visible area after loading a page.
  • Bug fix: When FM or AM processing is on without pre-emphasis, HD output was disabled even when selecting separate processing for streaming.
  • Bug fix: Fixed "Event license" MicroMPX flag (broke in 10.40).
  • Bug fix: Entering license key with space at the end caused issues after restarting.
  • Bug fix: VST behavior hopefully fixed, VST3 on Mac now really available.
  • Bug fix: Presets loading from native GUI could make multiband bands flip when web interface was open on multiband page.
  • Bug fix: libStereoTool crashed when opening the GUI inside a parent window. Broke in 10.40.
  • Bug fix: ITU meter showed MPX output, even if HD output was enabled. (It still shows MPX levels if only MPX output is used.)
  • Bug fix: GUI: Duplicate toggle button on resource page fixed.
  • Bug fix: GUI: Fixed Adaptive Compressor license displays.
  • Bug fix: GUI: Solved redraw problem that sometimes caused text to turn black.
  • Bug fix: GUI: ST-Enterprise: Fullscreen only worked on instance 1.
  • Bug fix: GUI: Window position after restart could be outside of the screen, making it impossible to move it.
  • Bug fix: GUI: Bypass mode didn't make PDcWave displays disabled.
  • Bug fix: Web interface: Indentation in top bar menu's was missing since 10.40.
  • Bug fix: ST-Enterprise: Web interface: Instance links didn't work when running ST-Enterprise as a Windows service.
  • PiMP: Bug fix: AGC stereo settings were shown, but PiMP does not support stereo.
  • STudio: Bug fix: Crashed when started without a settings file.
  • Raspberry Pi image: Added support for IQaudIO sound cards.
  • libStereoTool: User logins enabled.
  • ST-Enterprise: GUI: Disabled error/warning popups of all instances in the Overview screen (caused problems).
  • Raspberry Pi image: New Raspbian version requires explicitly calling jackd with 2 input and 2 output channels.
  • MicroMPX: Windows: Network reliability: QoS DSCP setting CS7 changed to CS5, when running without Admin rights (using EF in Admin mode).
  • MicroMPX: Linux: Network reliability: QoS DSCP changed from 0xE0 to 0xB8 (Expedited Forwarding).
  • Updated presets.

Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 10.41
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2024 1:36 pm 

I have an issue with µMPX in the 10.41 in Standalone Linux ALSA as well as VST2-Plugin 32bit. The µMPX Decoder runs into Dropouts. The current relative playbackspeed is either 18994.0 Hz @ 19000 Hz or 19006.0 Hz at 19000 Hz and this leads to under and overruns
Attachment:
uMPXBuffer.png
uMPXBuffer.png [ 2.14 KiB | Viewed 1516 times ]
Happens as well on RPI Decoders as well as Windows using latest Version. When downgrading to 10.10 Version Stereotool everything is back to normal.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2024 7:02 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I have an issue with µMPX in the 10.41 in Standalone Linux ALSA as well as VST2-Plugin 32bit. The µMPX Decoder runs into Dropouts. The current relative playbackspeed is either 18994.0 Hz @ 19000 Hz or 19006.0 Hz at 19000 Hz and this leads to under and overruns

uMPXBuffer.png

Happens as well on RPI Decoders as well as Windows using latest Version. When downgrading to 10.10 Version Stereotool everything is back to normal.
I cannot explain this. Your screenshot looks like the buffer filling line drops to 0 seconds and then restarts. That could point at a CPU usage problem, if the new version is somehow slightly heavier than the old one and you were already close to 100% CPU usage, it could be that the new version doesn't run fast enough. That's also the only thing that would explain both ALSA and VST.

But that doesn't match withy the playback speeds that you mentioned. Where do you see those? It's also really strange that the number appears to jump with 6 Hz steps.

Sample rate issues could be caused by the fact that we updated the I/O library at some point in the past months, but that would have no impact on the VST version.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2024 9:13 pm 

On Windows 10 version of ST, input is fed with livewire, I constantly have the stream error pop up and the streaming encoding stops until I turn the stream off-then back on. it will work for about a day, then it happens again. The error is "input audio stopped, Socket error"

Quote:
Stereo Tool 10.41 is released! This is mainly a bug fix release. Change log:
  • Added Multiband band 2 band linking slider to speech detection.
  • Bass intermodulation distortion protection is now an Advanced feature because it hardly affects bass anymore.
  • GUI: Native GUI now has a pulldown with list of errors.
  • GUI: MPX spectrum meter in native GUI looked bad when using skin with light background.
  • Web interface: Lots of improvements, among others in the graphs in parametric eq and multiband bands displays.
  • Web interface: Sliders were not released after taking finger off of screen.
  • Web interface: Titles not centered if the window is narrow.
  • Web interface: ID's are now visible in web interface code when using browser analysis tools.
  • Web interface: On very small screens, could stop working if widgets were outside of the visible area after loading a page.
  • Bug fix: When FM or AM processing is on without pre-emphasis, HD output was disabled even when selecting separate processing for streaming.
  • Bug fix: Fixed "Event license" MicroMPX flag (broke in 10.40).
  • Bug fix: Entering license key with space at the end caused issues after restarting.
  • Bug fix: VST behavior hopefully fixed, VST3 on Mac now really available.
  • Bug fix: Presets loading from native GUI could make multiband bands flip when web interface was open on multiband page.
  • Bug fix: libStereoTool crashed when opening the GUI inside a parent window. Broke in 10.40.
  • Bug fix: ITU meter showed MPX output, even if HD output was enabled. (It still shows MPX levels if only MPX output is used.)
  • Bug fix: GUI: Duplicate toggle button on resource page fixed.
  • Bug fix: GUI: Fixed Adaptive Compressor license displays.
  • Bug fix: GUI: Solved redraw problem that sometimes caused text to turn black.
  • Bug fix: GUI: ST-Enterprise: Fullscreen only worked on instance 1.
  • Bug fix: GUI: Window position after restart could be outside of the screen, making it impossible to move it.
  • Bug fix: GUI: Bypass mode didn't make PDcWave displays disabled.
  • Bug fix: Web interface: Indentation in top bar menu's was missing since 10.40.
  • Bug fix: ST-Enterprise: Web interface: Instance links didn't work when running ST-Enterprise as a Windows service.
  • PiMP: Bug fix: AGC stereo settings were shown, but PiMP does not support stereo.
  • STudio: Bug fix: Crashed when started without a settings file.
  • Raspberry Pi image: Added support for IQaudIO sound cards.
  • libStereoTool: User logins enabled.
  • ST-Enterprise: GUI: Disabled error/warning popups of all instances in the Overview screen (caused problems).
  • Raspberry Pi image: New Raspbian version requires explicitly calling jackd with 2 input and 2 output channels.
  • MicroMPX: Windows: Network reliability: QoS DSCP setting CS7 changed to CS5, when running without Admin rights (using EF in Admin mode).
  • MicroMPX: Linux: Network reliability: QoS DSCP changed from 0xE0 to 0xB8 (Expedited Forwarding).
  • Updated presets.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2024 9:14 am 

Quote:

But that doesn't match withy the playback speeds that you mentioned. Where do you see those? It's also really strange that the number appears to jump with 6 Hz steps.

Sample rate issues could be caused by the fact that we updated the I/O library at some point in the past months, but that would have no impact on the VST version.
I see those here in the decoder:
Attachment:
m.png
m.png [ 12.93 KiB | Viewed 1089 times ]
I will check about CPU later the day.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2024 11:52 am 

Hi Hanz,
If I remember before the icon of µMPX windows decoder in the systray was blue when all it's ok and red when not receive data ?
Now it's operational but the systray icon is red. Normal ?
Attachment:
Capture d’écran 2024-10-15 115111.png
Capture d’écran 2024-10-15 115111.png [ 93.5 KiB | Viewed 1068 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2024 3:02 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hi Hanz,
If I remember before the icon of µMPX windows decoder in the systray was blue when all it's ok and red when not receive data ?
Now it's operational but the systray icon is red. Normal ?
Capture d’écran 2024-10-15 115111.png
Oh! Something was changed (basically, fixed) in the drawing code. The tray icon code had to be inverted before (RGB -> BGR). And that was still happening for the MicroMPX tray icons. So red and blue are swapped... I've fixed it here locally, the next beta build will be ok, but I don't know yet when we'll have a new release.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2024 3:03 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:

I see those here in the decoder:

m.png

I will check about CPU later the day.
Ok, it shows 192000.1 now - did it really ONLY show 192000.0, 192006.0 and 191994.0 and no other values?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2024 3:04 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
On Windows 10 version of ST, input is fed with livewire, I constantly have the stream error pop up and the streaming encoding stops until I turn the stream off-then back on. it will work for about a day, then it happens again. The error is "input audio stopped, Socket error"
Hello Greg,

Do you know if this is new in this version? (So, have you used it before in older versions without this problem?)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2024 8:10 am 

Attachment:
Stream card error.png
Stream card error.png [ 20.96 KiB | Viewed 269 times ]
It has done it with 10.30 until now.