All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 128 29 30 31 3271 Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:09 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Jack build doesn't seem to work anymore for me, saying Cannot connect capture (input) port. I think it's because it tries to start jackd by itself and it conflicts with pipewire's jack client.

Either that, or now it treats the inputs literarly, I used to connect the inputs to stereo tool's outputs since it was a dead source, then the input program will connect to jack sink "stereo_tool". Maybe try to add a null input.

LE: I see that the jack sink name is now called "stereo_tool_jack_gui_64_BETA1002-051" instead of "stereo_tool", unfortunately still gives no audio.

LE2: Oh, just realized, the name of the jack sink/device and settings file are taken from the filename of the binary. I tried some different combinations but it doesn't fix it. Some very faint noise appears on the visualizer when i hit play.
I had some OS issues when testing it, but the output should definitely work - I've tested it with the tone generator in the FM output. For the input I have only been able to test silence so far due to those OS issues.

The new version only starts jackd if it's not already running, so that shouldn't make any difference.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:23 pm 

Quote:
Hi.

I've tested out Stereotool beta 10.02-43 on an Intel MacOS 11.7.3 in Wavelab 11.1. I cant see any plugin parameters, Just a blank screen.

When I revert to the latest official release of the plugin, everything is working fine.

Does anyone know if there is a stable version of the beta for MacOS/Wavelab? I'm moving over to a MacBook Pro M2 Pro computer in a couple of weeks and it would be great to have a working version for this too.

Thanks

Gav
Hi.

I'm in the process of moving of moving over to an M2pro MacBook Pro.

I've tested the latest "Beta 10.02-051 binary Stereo Tool - macOS VST - UNIVERSAL binary (Intel/M1)" an its still doesn't work in Wavelab 11.2, now working on Mac OS Ventura 13.2.1.

I see the plugin is still VST2, is there a plan to move to VST3? Currently Wavelab only reads VST2 plugins in rosetta and not natively. Is there a plan to change to a VST3 format for Mac in the future?

Thanks

Gav

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:46 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Hi.

I've tested out Stereotool beta 10.02-43 on an Intel MacOS 11.7.3 in Wavelab 11.1. I cant see any plugin parameters, Just a blank screen.

When I revert to the latest official release of the plugin, everything is working fine.

Does anyone know if there is a stable version of the beta for MacOS/Wavelab? I'm moving over to a MacBook Pro M2 Pro computer in a couple of weeks and it would be great to have a working version for this too.

Thanks

Gav
Hi.

I've tested the latest "Beta 10.02-051 binary Stereo Tool - macOS VST - UNIVERSAL binary (Intel/M1)" an its still doesn't work in Wavelab 11.2, now working on Mac OS Ventura 13.2.1.

I see the plugin is still VST2, is there a plan to move to VST3? Currently Wavelab only reads VST2 plugins in rosetta and not natively. Is there a plan to change to a VST3 format for Mac in the future?

Thanks

Gav
I just received a message yesterday from someone that it's also not working in Audition, which is weird (since we don't see issues on our end). So my guess at this point is that the issue that you have is probably not Wavelab related. Going to look into this next week.

About VST3: We already have a VST3 for Windows, so yes, it makes sense to have a Mac build soon as well. But we first need to make sure that everything is working again.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:17 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi.

Thanks

Gav
Hi.

Thanks

Gav
I just received a message yesterday from someone that it's also not working in Audition, which is weird (since we don't see issues on our end). So my guess at this point is that the issue that you have is probably not Wavelab related. Going to look into this next week.

About VST3: We already have a VST3 for Windows, so yes, it makes sense to have a Mac build soon as well. But we first need to make sure that everything is working again.
Thanks for the swift reply. Hopefully there’s a simple solution to the problem. Appreciate all the work you’re doing on this. Thanks. Gav

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:36 pm 

Quote:

I had some OS issues when testing it, but the output should definitely work - I've tested it with the tone generator in the FM output. For the input I have only been able to test silence so far due to those OS issues.

The new version only starts jackd if it's not already running, so that shouldn't make any difference.
Oh, got it. The output indeed works, i can hear the beeps when deregistering, they are clear. The input and output quantum latencies seem to be OK also. In Carla it shows fine, with the faint noise on the viz when playing audio:

If you need any more debugging info I will be more than happy to provide. I think the older builds of ST were providing verbose output thru the terminal with some argument passed to them, i tried with -v and didn't get more than the standard status messages.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:22 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:

Oh, got it. The output indeed works, i can hear the beeps when deregistering, they are clear. The input and output quantum latencies seem to be OK also. In Carla it shows fine, with the faint noise on the viz when playing audio:

If you need any more debugging info I will be more than happy to provide. I think the older builds of ST were providing verbose output thru the terminal with some argument passed to them, i tried with -v and didn't get more than the standard status messages.
The -v option only works in the command line version.

But I found the issue: The input level is 90 dB lower than I expected. So I just need to compensate for that. And first I need to find out why this is, so I know where to perform the compensation. (The weird thing is that the output level is ok).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:55 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Hi.

Thanks

Gav
Hi.

Thanks

Gav
I found an issue in the VST sizing, which could in some situations cause it to try to open a window with a negative size. Hopefully fixed (BETA052, building now). It acted weird in REAPER on Windows as well, and I've added explicit protection against negative sizes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:59 am 
Site Admin

Posted BETA1002-052. Jack and VST size issues should be solved; I haven't tested the VST resizing on Mac yet.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:37 am 

The audio works now, but now I hear some periodic clicks after changing diversity delay, even at 1000ms, they don't seem to go away.

LE: Changing the value a few times seems to make ST crash.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:44 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
The audio works now, but now I hear some periodic clicks after changing diversity delay, even at 1000ms, they don't seem to go away.

LE: Changing the value a few times seems to make ST crash.
I'm going to need to fix some driver issues; I have one system in which I can hear the output but it doesn't see any input (that's why I didn't notice the 90 dB issue), and another which does see input but I can't hear the output. That's a driver issue; the old version had the same behavior. Anyway, I need to fix it to hear those periodic clicks. I have a suspicion but I need to hear it (on my end, while looking at some logging) to verify.

Crashing: Which value do you mean?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 128 29 30 31 3271 Next