All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 127 28 29 30 3171 Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:02 pm 

Guys, can you check if the Absolute Highs graph becomes dead at 2048 latency and quality >100%?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:26 am 

guys i have a problem with the latest st beta. i run it on a completely new system with windows 7 sp1 installed and an esi juli@ and afte 10 minutes of good playing it starts to make crackling noises like a wrong sample rate or something. tried the stable version of st and still the same thing. drivers for esi juli@ 1.21. any recomendations?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:46 pm 

Quote:
guys i have a problem with the latest st beta. i run it on a completely new system with windows 7 sp1 installed and an esi juli@ and afte 10 minutes of good playing it starts to make crackling noises like a wrong sample rate or something. tried the stable version of st and still the same thing. drivers for esi juli@ 1.21. any recomendations?
The fact that it happens on the beta and stable, implies it's not an issue with the beta. You should probably post this in another topic and not the beta topic.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:35 am 

Quote:
Guys, can you check if the Absolute Highs graph becomes dead at 2048 latency and quality >100%?
This issue reproduces for me in 10.02b48 as well as 9.90.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:19 pm 
Site Admin

Good find! Looks like this has always been there... and it *only* failed at size 2048, with Quality > 100 - I think (haven't really checked) that any other combination worked. Solved in the next beta.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:43 pm 

On the v50 release today, I see you fixed the 2048 Processing Latency issue however, now when viewing at 4096, the speed on the meter is going fast and when closing my Winamp it now freezes at closing and crashes. But I must say the music quality sounds excellent when it plays.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:43 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
On the v50 release today, I see you fixed the 2048 Processing Latency issue however, now when viewing at 4096, the speed on the meter is going fast and when closing my Winamp it now freezes at closing and crashes. But I must say the music quality sounds excellent when it plays.
A lot of stuff has been rewritten under the hood. But I don't see a hangup when closing Winamp here, which makes it hard to determine what's going on. We have found some weirdness in the Winamp startup code (especially if you ever press "Configure" in Winamp itself - have you done that by any chance?), which I need to look into. Are you do anything specific to reproduce this? For example, was audio playing when you closed it or not, stuff like that?

Absolute Highs display is fixed now.
Edit: Winamp weirdness as well, but I don't think that can have caused hangups or crashes. So, if you have more info please let me know. I will run a new build now (BETA051), please let me know if it fixes anything.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:43 am 
Site Admin

BETA051 is available!

There are lots of under-the-hood changes, everything seems to work fine on our end.

For Linux users: The Jack version now uses our new I/O framework. We have not yet fully tested if yet, but so far everything looks good. The ARM Jack builds have not yet been converted to the new I/O framework. Stereo Tool now apparently automatically starts jackd (I didn't even know that it could, but we updated some things and that seems to have had this effect, great!). One issue that I found: The default selection is "--- nothing selected ---" instead of Jack, so you need to change that the first time. Oh, and the Jack ports are stored differently from before, so you'll need to set them again after you update to this version.

There's a bug in the Linux versions: It stores the settings in the wrong file! We'll fix that asap.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:43 pm 

Jack build doesn't seem to work anymore for me, saying Cannot connect capture (input) port. I think it's because it tries to start jackd by itself and it conflicts with pipewire's jack client.

Either that, or now it treats the inputs literarly, I used to connect the inputs to stereo tool's outputs since it was a dead source, then the input program will connect to jack sink "stereo_tool". Maybe try to add a null input.

LE: I see that the jack sink name is now called "stereo_tool_jack_gui_64_BETA1002-051" instead of "stereo_tool", unfortunately still gives no audio.

LE2: Oh, just realized, the name of the jack sink/device and settings file are taken from the filename of the binary. I tried some different combinations but it doesn't fix it. Some very faint noise appears on the visualizer when i hit play.

Last edited by Hitman on Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:56 pm 

I did nothing special that caused the v50 issues. No matter what I did in v50, stop in the middle of a song or was at full stop when closing, it crashed. I had made no changes in the settings.
V51 is not having the issues I reported.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 127 28 29 30 3171 Next