All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous 140 41 42 43 4450 Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:33 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:

FM Transmitter > Audio settings - Expand > Remove audio above

So funny..
Pre-emphasis is right there, but you need to expand for pilot, even there is space for it right there.
Thanks Bojcha! Thought it had to be in the FM section. Sanity restored after a long work week! :D

Yes, I wonder when there is space available like Pilot and RDS why you would not show it outright rather than clicking it make it visible, especially if they are "core settings".

Ross
The idea here was to only show settings if they are things that normal users would need to change. Typically, we thought that a user would select a preset, tweak some of the high level settings a bit to change the sound, enable the required FM settings and be done with it. Preemphasis is definitely something that they would need to set based on their location. But the FM lowpass frequency doesn't seeem to be something that they would touch - in fact, in many other processors there's not even a setting for it. For example in the Omnia.9 and 9sg which uses our FM stage, it's set to 16.4 kHz and you cannot change that.

So, since multiple people have run into this: Can you explain why an average user would need this?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:13 pm 
Site Admin

BETA007 is posted; main difference is that the meters in the overview page are now in the order that the processing is happening, and things that are disabled are hidden. We'll look into the other GUI-related remarks of the last few days soon.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:25 pm 

Quote:
things that are disabled are hidden
I'm sorta torn on this aspect. I sorta liked having the shortcut aspect of the disabled items in the Meters overview. Meaning, I liked being able to go right to Stereo Image by clicking the greyed-out phase delay meter. Would it be possible to unhide these with the CTRL SHIFT + key combo or something?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:33 pm 

Quote:
BETA007 is posted; main difference is that the meters in the overview page are now in the order that the processing is happening, and things that are disabled are hidden. We'll look into the other GUI-related remarks of the last few days soon.
Just a quick post to say 'great work' on the meters overview screen.

I'm loving the new UI and being able to have all the 'active' meters
shown on one screen without having to jump around the different
screens to be able to see them individually is a bonus.

All the best
Mark

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:42 pm 

Some folks in the Discord were interested in a way to hide the left navigation bar in the meter overview page. Or perhaps a way to "pop out" the meters into its own display -- but I suppose just the fullscreen metering of the new GUI and a browser with the web interface could handle this.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:34 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
things that are disabled are hidden
I'm sorta torn on this aspect. I sorta liked having the shortcut aspect of the disabled items in the Meters overview. Meaning, I liked being able to go right to Stereo Image by clicking the greyed-out phase delay meter. Would it be possible to unhide these with the CTRL SHIFT + key combo or something?
I was thinking the same thing, we'll figure something out. I changed the code yesterday to hide everything because *most* things were already hidden and a few are not, which was inconsistent. But I agree that it should be possible to see everything - including what's disabled, even if just to realize that you forgot to enable it - and to be able to go there. Tom mentioned an idea to add a small placeholder for disabled things yesterday.
Quote:
Some folks in the Discord were interested in a way to hide the left navigation bar in the meter overview page. Or perhaps a way to "pop out" the meters into its own display -- but I suppose just the fullscreen metering of the new GUI and a browser with the web interface could handle this.
Yes, I was thinking the same thing when I was playing with it yesterday. It would make sense to add that. ("the Discord"??)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:45 pm 

Quote:
("the Discord"??)
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=31817&p=71691

It just kinda happened as a place to toss around ideas and stuff. If you wanted to do something more official, I'm sure the dudes wouldn't mind.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:35 am 

Quote:
The idea here was to only show settings if they are things that normal users would need to change. Typically, we thought that a user would select a preset, tweak some of the high level settings a bit to change the sound, enable the required FM settings and be done with it. Preemphasis is definitely something that they would need to set based on their location. But the FM lowpass frequency doesn't seeem to be something that they would touch - in fact, in many other processors there's not even a setting for it. For example in the Omnia.9 and 9sg which uses our FM stage, it's set to 16.4 kHz and you cannot change that.

So, since multiple people have run into this: Can you explain why an average user would need this?
I can fully understand trying to make a less cluttered interface, but where a single function that is typically used to adjust levels to compensate different environments then I
would be asking if hiding it is worth the effort.

Coming from the old interface of moving between basic, advanced and tweaker, I guess I miss having items I would regularly have exposed now being hidden.

Would be nice if you could "pin open" these so when you go back to the page, they are already open until you "unpin" them.

Ross

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:05 pm 

Quote:
Coming from the old interface of moving between basic, advanced and tweaker, I guess I miss having items I would regularly have exposed now being hidden.
Use Ctrl+Shift+'+' to unfold everything (and Ctrl+Shift+'-' to fold it back up)
Quote:
I think what Hans meant is, could you explain why an average user would want to fiddle with the FM lowpass frequency?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:09 am 
Site Admin

BETA011 is posted, now with preliminary Mac support (some things do not yet work, such as typing).

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous 140 41 42 43 4450 Next