All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:20 pm 

Hi!

Is there any command to enable/disable the stereo encoder by a URL or a ASCII cmd?

We're tx some parts of the programs in mono and other in stereo, and would be appreciated If I could change this by network.

And other question.

In sports tx we need to delay the FM audio abt 8 seconds to sync with TV signal. Is there a simple way to add a delay such a delay in input or output of ST Tool ?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:33 pm 

Howdy

You can set up the web interface to access functions of Stereo Tool remotely. I believe the FM and transmitter settings are available from within the old web GUI; however, I'm not certain.

There is a delay available on each output. Check the I/O section. You may or may not need to enable a higher operating mode to make some of these settings available in the old GUI (found in the Configuration page). This also might be an example of the new GUI's web interface being capable of things the original is not. I can't currently check.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:37 pm 

I mean that I can activate/desactivate remotely without human presence...

by a call to a URL at ST Tool PC, or connect to UECP port (in ASCII)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:18 pm 

Quote:
I mean that I can activate/desactivate remotely without human presence...

by a call to a URL at ST Tool PC, or connect to UECP port (in ASCII)
Do you mean something you can automate? I'm fairly certain it's possible through the web interface; I'm just not familiar enough with sending calls or inspecting elements to know what function to send to begin with.

However, there's also the ability to schedule presets and poll STS files for changes. I'm also not familiar with how to use this functionality.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:02 pm 

Quote:

Do you mean something you can automate? I'm fairly certain it's possible through the web interface; I'm just not familiar enough with sending calls or inspecting elements to know what function to send to begin with.

However, there's also the ability to schedule presets and poll STS files for changes. I'm also not familiar with how to use this functionality.
Yes, but outside ST Tool.

Our system outputs in a web if the actual program must be in Stereo or Mono in FM. Then with a ESP8266 I read this info and turn On or OFF the Stereo encoding. Now with a pulse change this in the Orban, but we're planning to migrate to Stereo Tool, so I need a way to externaly change from ST to Mono encoding in FM.

I think the easiest way is a command via web interface (like it works for RDS TA, etc).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:05 pm 

Quote:
Yes, but outside ST Tool.

Our system outputs in a web if the actual program must be in Stereo or Mono in FM. Then with a ESP8266 I read this info and turn On or OFF the Stereo encoding. Now with a pulse change this in the Orban, but we're planning to migrate to Stereo Tool, so I need a way to externaly change from ST to Mono encoding in FM.

I think the easiest way is a command via web interface (like it works for RDS TA, etc).
I'm still confused. How is the Stereo Tool web interface not outside of Stereo Tool?

edit: Oof, okay, right. I misread. I'm researching how to send CSS commands and looking in the various web interfaces for clues on what exactly you would need to send to ST's web interface IP.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:49 pm 

I got this from Hans in the latest beta thread:
Quote:
Quote:
Heya, does this new web interface take singular commands via URL? For example, if somebody wanted to enable or disable the Stereo Encoder in the FM transmitter remotely without having access to the web interface proper, how would one do this? I see it's button 113, and when I click it it sends something in the inspector console saying 115 or 116, but how do I take advantage of this?
Yes! We have a JSON interface. Detailed description of how to talk to it can be found in the MicroMPX documentation, under Help on the site. (For Stereo Tool it works exactly the same, you just need to know the ID's).
This is the pdf, and you want to begin looking at page 23.

edit: Looks like you want 113 to enable/disable stereo encoding; and 154 for the FM buffer size.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:50 am 

Thanks for the info.
I'll investigate it.