All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 1220 Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:33 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
I don't know since when is this, but this is huge bug.
Both multibands does not output same as on "hear" button. Idk about compressors but only using limiters. "Hear" is ok, but output is not. Output is wrongly different.
I just created a preset with Multiband 1 using only limiting, and the output with and without Hear is identical. Can you send me a preset where that's not the case? (Or did I misunderstand something?)
Quote:
Also there is bug in multiband clippers. OFF and +35,92dB (wich is max) are totally different in level and should be same.
Confirmed... That's a weird one. If the clipper is "off" the output level appears to be 1 dB lower. Weird... I'll put this on the todo list, it's definitely not something new (since the automatic tests haven't complained about this). So, it needs to be fixed but I need to do it in a way that doesn't break existing presets.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:52 am 

preset: using only EQ and MB2. (3bands)
Attachment:
mb_output_test1.sts [399.43 KiB]
Downloaded 108 times
And file to play..
https://www65.zippyshare.com/v/1NfnJMl6/file.html

There is huge difference between hear on and off. Should be exactly same. And With "hear" on is how it should be. Same with clippers (non-soft tested)

new one: changing Latency 4096 to 2048 and back, makes error: claimbigf: inuse! Same when changing Audio quality.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:54 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
preset: using only EQ and MB2. (3bands)mb_output_test1.sts

And file to play..

There is huge difference between hear on and off. Should be exactly same. And With "hear" on is how it should be. Same with clippers (non-soft tested)
Confirmed. It's caused by the distortion that's caused by the limiters. I'll have to look into this in more detail next week. This is not going to be an easy one to fix (it might not even be possible).
Quote:
new one: changing Latency 4096 to 2048 and back, makes error: claimbigf: inuse! Same when changing Audio quality.
It doesn't do that here, but given the changes that we made in the last weeks it kinda does make sense that there are new issues like these. Which exact version are you using, and if it's the stand alone, which inputs and outputs are enabled?

I think I can fix this pretty easily but if I can reproduce it here I can test if my fix works.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:20 am 
Site Admin

BETA022 is available (for Windows and x86/64 Linux, the ARM and Mac versions are still building)

BETA021 crashed in the plugin versions. BETA022 should be ok again. Aside from that, the "+ should be a *" issue in all Strereo Image-based filters is fixed, and the AGC matrix mode now has settings to control the amount of stereo widening per band separately - you can typically get away with a lot more in the high frequency area.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:46 am 

Quote:
Quote:

And file to play..

Confirmed. It's caused by the distortion that's caused by the limiters. I'll have to look into this in more detail next week. This is not going to be an easy one to fix (it might not even be possible).
[
I see difference with compressors too, but much less. Usually when they fast. Btw, i guess it's not just easy to pass same audio to output as "hear" audio?

beta22, "Limit phase Difference" Still same, maybe even worse, still strange sound in audio for everything under 170deg. Same as in "Reduce stereo phase difference".

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:30 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And file to play..

[
I see difference with compressors too, but much less. Usually when they fast. Btw, i guess it's not just easy to pass same audio to output as "hear" audio?

beta22, "Limit phase Difference" Still same, maybe even worse, still strange sound in audio for everything under 170deg. Same as in "Reduce stereo phase difference".
I just checked the "Limit phase difference" thing. Do you actually hearing the effect if you don't listen in Difference mode? Before I know the answer would have been yes because it sounded pretty bad before that + -> * change, due to pre-ringing etc.

I'm not really sure what I'm hearing. When I listen on headphones to the track that you mentioned (Fisher - Losing It), it appears that turning this filter on at 150 degrees for example adds some "bang" to the kicks on the right. So I took the right channel with and without this filter applied to it and put them on the different channels, and then I still heard that. But according to the spectrum, if anything there should be less audio, not more. So I wonder if the change in stereo is affecting how we perceive the audio.

I have also searched for the places where the effect was most noticeable to me, and then played the unprocessed and phase-limited version back to back (the right channel audio only), and if I do that, the phase-limited version is actually (as the spectrum already showed) slightly softer, basically the opposite of the effect that I'm hearing if I listen to the audio on different channels.

Can you try to describe what you're hearing? I'm curious if it's the same thing.

(Note: Before this beta series, "Limit phase difference" didn't do enough if the threshold was set close to or above 90 degrees, so it *should* do a lot more now than before, and it only does those extra things on the right channel. So that "difference" sounds way different from before on some tracks is on purpose).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:40 pm 

Hi. Would it be appropriate to put the Stereo Image in Advanced operating mode instead of restricting it to Expert? Mainly the width amplifier and Center Bass filters have been instrumental for playing old games suffering from extreme stereo separation.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:35 pm 

Quote:
Can you try to describe what you're hearing? I'm curious if it's the same thing.
Idk how to desscribe it, it's pretty much similar sound as on 'diff' button, also diff or not, it's always about 80% on right channel.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:51 pm 

Lowpass filter still active in bypass (hd). Also sounds different in bypass.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:44 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Idk how to desscribe it, it's pretty much similar sound as on 'diff' button, also diff or not, it's always about 80% on right channel.
Found it. It took me almost a full day starting at it and debugging it before I realized that there was a typo in the code. If the phase difference was very big, due to that typo we were looking at the left channel instead of the right channel (so it said "L" instead of "R"), which affected the audio in the right channel. I think there's another improvement possible (it may do too much in some cases), but the main issue that you heard seems to be solved.

This wasn't a new issue by the way, but changes in the new version made it far more noticeable.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 1220 Next