All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 1020 Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:57 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
This Bass Exciter works in one-way phase, wich also can be inverted, but that so unlogical to me.

While one phase is 'exited' other is un-excited. Atleast it should be unchanged. Bass clippers and clippers in rest of processing already makes this un-excited bass so it will be even worse for one of phase atleast.

That's not really how this works. But, I have just checked what happens if I just tilt the phase a bit and then the waveform is mostly symmetrical again, which is indeed much better. So I'll add that - for the 2nd harmonic only, probably.

Edit: The 3rd harmonic looks best if it's inverted (that makes the waveform much less spiky), but due to some imperfections in the filtering that removes some low frequency content. I'll see if I can fix that as well, that would really make things better. At -12 dB (the default) it doesn't really matter much - only at levels close to 0 dB it becomes very noticeable - so I' not sure if this will help at all, but it's probably easy to solve so it's worth a try.
Instead of inverting the phase (which did clearly have some impact on the audio - in inverted mode it seems to be doing the opposite of what most music does and sounds tend to disappear), I have now made that a slider so you can smoothly move between -180 and +180 degrees. 90 for the 2nd, 0 for the 3rd appears to give the best (most symmetrical, with lowest peaks) result. (If the 3rd harmonic is mixed in very loud, setting the 2nd to 0 degrees works better - but setting the 3rd that loud isn't something that I would recommend).

Also, I've added protection for the 3rd harmonic, which (due to filter imperfections) tended to generate some of the input signal in anti-phase, which is why in "Inverted" mode it sounded better (without that some of the original bass was removed). I've now added protection against that so you can set it to any value you want. (In anti-phase it does tend to *add* a bit of the original bass, so it's probably best to leave the 3rd harmonic phase set to 0).

I'll run a build tonight. This is what it looks like with 90 and 0 degrees, both at maximum level (which, again, is a bad idea):
Attachment:
90-0.png
90-0.png [ 14.7 KiB | Viewed 2370 times ]
And this is how it was (0 and 0 degrees):
Attachment:
0-0.png
0-0.png [ 13.59 KiB | Viewed 2370 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:10 pm 
Site Admin

BETA017 posted!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:09 am 

Bass Exciter still working in bypass.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:02 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Bass Exciter still working in bypass.
Oops, solved.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:12 pm 

Also Phase shift not saved with preset.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:16 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Also Phase shift not saved with preset.
Ah, oops. Both values were saved under the same name (so after reloading you would get the phase of the 2nd for both). Fixed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:49 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Ran into this error after doing a factory reset on the DSP version of 9.84 Beta 15. I loaded Bojcha's latest StudioHD preset and clicked the button in License to disable all unpaid add-ons. This is inside Station Playlist on Windows 10.

stereotool-error.png
Solved!

Quote:
It does not affect the sound but i just leave it here.
Btw about sound: overall it seems sound more clear if compare with 9.83
I think I have fixed this one too.
Thank you. It works!
Checked new gui it looks great.
But somewhy it doesnt remember displaying i/o meters expansion state.
Actually would be nice to have on processing page more controls like in ST. Actually may be something separated like quick control panel... or is it possible to make it customisable by user ?

Attachments:
File comment: Also impossible to click on +- buttons
st.png
st.png [ 51.31 KiB | Viewed 2254 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:28 pm 

Is it possible to get back the DeReverb filter into the Repair section and not just the part of The BIMP? Please! :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:09 pm 

Bass was already OK with normal loudness +6dbr.
It's even more "decent" now. Will test in next days.

Thumbs up for:
disable/separate limit phase for FM and streaming
Mix mono into stereo channel (now I know what exactly means)

One question - does it already, or will AGC in the future have something like "return to.." after active noise gate?
You can see in the video below how AGC returns to the previous state after few seconds of gate treshold has been activated:
https://youtu.be/Os0noQ6_PDE?t=275

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:45 pm 

Quote:
One question - does it already, or will AGC in the future have something like "return to.." after active noise gate?
You can see in the video below how AGC returns to the previous state after few seconds of gate treshold has been activated:
https://youtu.be/Os0noQ6_PDE?t=275
Who knows. It's 7 years now for that one.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5850&p=27682&hilit=return#p27682

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 1020 Next