All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Presets and formats
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:00 pm 

Hello, I’m new to ST and I am confused by the built-in presets. Is there any way I can sort them into station format type? I am trying to find a preset for an AC station. So far the presets I have tested are all too heavy/too loud/too much base etc. I don’t have a lot of experience with sound processing, and I am concerned that if I start modifying a preset I will change the structure. We are in the U.K. if that also helps. Please do not hesitate to ask if you need me to explain this clearer.

Thanks in advance. Clare.

Post subject: Re: Presets and formats
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:32 pm 

Quote:
Hello, I’m new to ST and I am confused by the built-in presets. Is there any way I can sort them into station format type? I am trying to find a preset for an AC station. So far the presets I have tested are all too heavy/too loud/too much base etc. I don’t have a lot of experience with sound processing, and I am concerned that if I start modifying a preset I will change the structure. We are in the U.K. if that also helps. Please do not hesitate to ask if you need me to explain this clearer.

Thanks in advance. Clare.
I highly recommend Bojcha's Studio HD. it's a fantastically well-balanced preset and quite transparent. It's easily one of the best presets for most any genre/format! Here's the forum link for it: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26400

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:40 am 

Well i read for years that AC station should be processed like 'that' and some other format like 'this' and processors for decades uses naming schemes like that and so on, and then it always ends to overcompressed.. But to me that is so bad classification, especialy nowdays where FM processing is way better and smarter then 20+yrs ago.
I know that maybe in NewYork you need to be competitive big radio station, but do "YOU" need to be like that in 'Your" area (?)

I would more like that everyone try to use ears and if you need to compete with someone in area, try to do it nicer at same loudness level and not just louder, by choosing both processor and preset.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:50 pm 

We don’t need loudness, deep bass or raspy highs. We need consistent levels on all frequencies. I cannot find a preset that does this. Smooth Ride is close to what we need but I hear errors with that preset. Does anyone have any suggestions?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:05 pm 

Are you try with StudioOne or Analog Pleasure Deluxe? Both are the very consistent and transparent and they are not louder at all... but you can tweak easily if you need to make it even more soft.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:28 pm 

Quote:
Are you try with StudioOne or Analog Pleasure Deluxe? Both are the very consistent and transparent and they are not louder at all... but you can tweak easily if you need to make it even more soft.
I have tried both StudioOne and Analogue Pleasure Deluxe. I find these presets are very harsh on certain high sounds. How would I change this and perhaps make the presets softer?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:38 am 

Can you describe these certain high sounds, just for clarification

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:38 am 

Quote:
Can you describe these certain high sounds, just for clarification
The highs can often sound harsh and fuzzy with some songs. I don’t know how else to describe it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:26 pm 

For someone who has no idea about sound processing I personally would find it easier to have presets for genre/station format. Not presets created using someone else’s ideas For me the presets in ST all appear sound similar and like they are created for loud CHR stations. How does someone turn one of these presets into something that can be used for an AC format station?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:40 pm 

Hi Clare,

Did you ever figure out a good setting? I'm also having a similar problem with the abrasive highs.

Darren