All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 717 Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:47 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Finaly discovered what is broken in Legacy AGC, "Remove remaining peeks above" Threshold of that filter is so low, In latest ST after v9.64.
It's set to 130% (default value) in both versions?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:55 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Finaly discovered what is broken in Legacy AGC, "Remove remaining peeks above" Threshold of that filter is so low, In latest ST after v9.64.
Yes, but in reality in new betas is much lower. I set it to 1000% in all my presets just be sure is not ever activated.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:59 am 
Site Admin

BETA020 is availalbe, with among others a new PortAudio version which fixes some bugs that were found since they released version 19.7 2 months ago. I don't have any problems with any version so I don't know if this improves anything for anyone, I did get one reply from someone who downloaded BETA019 that it worked better with ALSA on Linux.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:59 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes, but in reality in new betas is much lower. I set it to 1000% in all my presets just be sure is not ever activated.
Odd, I haven't touched that code in ages (well, years anyway), and I don't think anyone else has. I'll look into it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:12 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Odd, I haven't touched that code in ages (well, years anyway), and I don't think anyone else has. I'll look into it.
While you there, that filter in 2band and 3band mode only works on 1 of 2 or 1 of 3 bands, so really unusable. Also there is no single indication of that filter. You say you didnt touch that code recently, then how in last few versions we have indication for compressor gate? White bar allover that compressor bar.
Something is messed up there. For example in veriosn 9.12 compressor gate is standard yellow small bar at bootom, now it's white big bar. And that white bar was erlier "remove remaining peeks" for AGC which is now not existant.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:44 pm 

After resetting settings the whole agc metering is gone BETA 020

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:14 am 

Quote:
After resetting settings the whole agc metering is gone BETA 020
wooh, that would be nice for AutoEQ, bastartizer, BEQ.. etc, gone when off.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:38 pm 

I'm off topic ...

I have always used ST with asio drivers, recently I am also using them on my automation (playout) and I have synchronized the whole audio chain with an external master clock, the difference immediately appeared to the ear, the details have increased, everything now and in its place, depth and stereo separation have increased (3d positional audio) and IMD gone (e.g. voice of amy Winehouse, marron 5, adele etc) and also in the overlapping jingle tracks or two different contents now everything is correctly positioned I can't explain it to you differently.

I'm probably saying things you are already aware of, but this is my experience and I wanted to share it with you.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:13 pm 

Beta 020 - I noticed a strange GUI issue when clicking on certain items in Multiband 2 (from Release up until Behavior)?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:02 pm 

Using the 64-bit VST3 of beta 20 in Reaper, the CPU settings reset to "Manual" when trying to set anything for Throughput or Latency, which appears to actually provide the settings for Single Thread instead. The 32-bit VST2 appears to function properly here.

I'll test more permutations of VST version and bits.

EDIT: This may need to go to a bug reporting thread: The 64-bit VST3 also does not pass any audio to the extra channels when processing anything with more than Stereo, even when bypassed. The 32-bit VST2 passes unfiltered audio on those extra channels, again only working on the first two.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 717 Next