All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 8:59 am 

Please advice.

Stereo transmission is ”jumping” from left to right.

Used components: Asio, FM transmitter, MPX, external soundcard Behringer U-Phoria UMC202HD, transmitter RVR TEX30LCD/S

Sample http://www.ratuva.fi/stereotool/

THX

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:41 am 
Site Admin

For some reason on my laptop I can't hear that it's stereo at all, but based on what I can hear, there's nothing in Stereo Tool that should be able to cause this.

What happens if you listen to Normal Output, if you set it to "Demodulated FM output"? Does that sound ok?

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 8:17 pm 

The file is Mono, even that, i hear lots of bad harmonics caused by pilot and/or RDS, it can be even bad transmitter too. The skipping audio is unknown to me.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 7:40 am 

Thank You for all the input, they helped me to investigate this case more.

I have made more specific research and found out, that both channels, L and R, are visible at the level meter of Stereo Tool ( in and out). Only left channel + pilot + RDS exist at the output of the sound card. Please advice.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 8:11 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Thank You for all the input, they helped me to investigate this case more.

I have made more specific research and found out, that both channels, L and R, are visible at the level meter of Stereo Tool ( in and out). Only left channel + pilot + RDS exist at the output of the sound card. Please advice.
Can you post a screenshot of the FM Transmitter settings page?

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 12:33 pm 

I just copied a file called screenhots.pdf including pictures from I/O sector to http://www.ratuva.fi/stereotool/

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 5:05 pm 

Your pilot level is too low, 2.9% is not sufficient for decode the stereo signal in the FM receivers... it must be 9%, even 10% for some FM receivers and your RDS level too high (must be 4.5%)...

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 12:44 pm 

Could there be an integrated stereo generator in the transmitter interfering with the Stereo Tool's MPX? From what output point is there recording made?

And yes, don't mess around with the pilot level and RDS level, there's usually no need to tweak those levels, unless there is an very bad frequency response problem...

Regards,
Jarkko

(PS. Jos tarvitset apua suomeksi niin pistä privaviestiä, täällä Stereo Toolin pitkäaikainen käyttäjä ;))

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 3:31 pm 

After further investigation I found out, that both the transmitter and Stereo Tool were creating stereo pilot signal.

The document of the transmitter was slightly unclear in this section, please look at picture http://www.ratuva.fi/stereotool/mpx_manual.jpg

If the MPX mode switch is in position OFF the stereo pilot generator of the transmitter is on.

I just turned the switch to position ON. Loud and clear stereo signal was received. Thank You for all the input.