All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12 13 Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:07 am 

How hard would it be to have the auto eq have an option to auto match the MB1 settings?

It would be a lot easier, when you have a good old style preset that you want to modify.

Something like when I turn on Auto EQ, I get a prompt asking me if I'd like to match the bands and frequencies of MB1.

That would be helpful to me, maybe others too. I have a number of nice presets I worked a long time on that I would love to improve with new features.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:07 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If you're the same Antonio who has asked questions via WhatsApp, the problem is really your transmitter. Have you tested those hardware processors with your transmitter?

Hans, is there a way to set the 38k level by editing the sts? I know I can edit the rds and pilot but I want to edit the 38k section. Thank you.
I have not tried hardware processors with my Transmitter. Also, that is me (the one on WhatsApp). If I can, I will contact a friend of mine and see if he can let me borrow an older omnia from him.
If possible, try to borrow another transmitter instead. You wrote before that you have to raise RDS above 9% (the standard is 4.5%) to get a decent RDS signal out of is, and that you're getting big overshoots - so it's absolutely not surprising that you can't get decent bass out of it. Given how bad your RDS is, your stereo separation must be quite bad as well. The one other thing you could try is use the "Sound card calibration" options and measure and calibrate everything for both phase and level.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:07 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
I use WinAmp to try different settings prior to moving them to my streaming station. With BETA043 I can no longer enable True Bass for the WinAmp edition.
I don't see any issues here. Can you tell me *exactly* what you are doing?
I did a full, factory reset and it began working correctly. I tried re-loading settings, but could not reproduce the error.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:17 am 

Quote:
Latest version - Beta 046

Changes/bugfixes
  • Bug fix: Singleband compressor in Analog mode: Output levels above 0 dB did not always work.
  • STX: Entering IP address on screen fails, keyboard disappears. Merge needed.
  • True Bass: Added on/off setting for Sub Bass Boost to main page
  • Highest vs lowest highs: Created separate setting for non-legacy behavior, difference is too big.
  • Update presets
  • Add J.C. preset
  • Update STX/SST presets
  • STX disable most warnings/errors, at least on front panel
  • MicroMPX D license
  • STX: Login mechanism (at least add password reset/disable): Add reset. Test. Plus: Add "logged in as", then probably disable for this release?
  • Update version numbers
  • uMPX library issue? (Does not reproduce here, CPU load problem?) - No, was external issue
[*] True Bass: Added on/off setting for Sub Bass Boost to main page

Thank you.

However, I just checked and the Deep bass synthesis in Quick adjust Enhance and the slider is still greyed out [with True Bass on and both bands disabled but Sub Bass Boost on]. The slider still works though, so that's good. But I could still see somebody being confused about whether it does anything in this state.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:31 pm 

For some time, I've experienced a complete shutdown (crash) of ST whenever the incoming VLC stream becomes unavailable. It does not return on its own.
I can always log in and restart ST when the problem is resolved, but I was under the impression the "restart on crash" flag(s) would address this. No?

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere... didn't find anything about it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:33 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
For some time, I've experienced a complete shutdown (crash) of ST whenever the incoming VLC stream becomes unavailable. It does not return on its own.
I can always log in and restart ST when the problem is resolved, but I was under the impression the "restart on crash" flag(s) would address this. No?

Did you update VLC? Restart on crash *should* handle this, but VLC crashes are especially hard to handle correctly because the crash itself happens outside of our control.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:51 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

Did you update VLC? Restart on crash *should* handle this, but VLC crashes are especially hard to handle correctly because the crash itself happens outside of our control.
Hi Hans, my previous problem was fixed. I just got a new dc-coupled dac and that fixed my problems.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:16 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
BETA039 is available. Most important change:
  • Added L/R band linking/channel separation level compensation, sounds more open, with louder vocals when other instruments kick in.
Can you tell us exactly where we find these new functions?
Next to "Channel separation" and "Channel linking" there's now a new setting "Constant sum". The higher you set it the more any level drops will be compensated.

The issue is this: If for example a drum is very loud on one channel, and channel linking is enabled, then both channels are lowered to the level of the lowest one. Which means, among others, that a drum on one channel sounds quieter than a drum at half that level on both channels. Loud instruments on either channel cause the whole level to go down, including vocals. So, turning this protection on makes the sound more open, more dynamic and keeps vocals louder when more (stereo) instruments kick in. It also sounds more stereo.

Note that this has no effect if you're not using channel linking/low separation. The reason to use the combination of these things is that it better maintains stereo information, so it sounds wider, without any stereo widening.

nice trick, great !!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:44 pm 

Still can't find it? Under what processing sub-menu please?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:32 pm 

Quote:
Still can't find it? Under what processing sub-menu please?
Muiltiband > Behavior > Constant Sum %

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12 13 Next