All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 1013 Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:02 pm 

hello Hans,

I noticed a bug in the advanced limiter menu and distortion protection sub-menu, in the bass window, dashes are no longer displayed, and the very low bass values remain at zero.

sorry for the approximate English :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:16 pm 

A few posts above I had described a problem that I currently have with the 4-band AGC. Now I noticed something, but rather accidentally. I had the "Sudden drop" setting active with default settings. After I deactivated this option, the results were much more pleasant and also the overacting has largely disappeared.

I wanted to read up on this option in the manual, but unfortunately couldn't find anything about it. What should the option do, what exactly does the threshold value refer to? I have tried several values, but could hardly notice any improvement when activating the option. Only a deactivation has produced a better result for me. Could someone please explain this option and the meaning behind it? Many thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:00 am 

First of all, thanks Hans for always working on StereoTool and improving it. I use it for a neighborhood FM signal and it sounds perfect. http://us1.internet-radio.com:8115/

Also, who agrees with me that StereoTool needs an auto-updater? It would be kind of cool, as I don't remember to check the website all the time.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:50 am 

Quote:
Also, who agrees with me that StereoTool needs an auto-updater? It would be kind of cool, as I don't remember to check the website all the time.
If not an integrated updater, then perhaps something that can at least check as frequently as every six hours and notify the user that an update is available on the site? Maybe same for betas.

I keep an eye on this subforum for releases, but sometimes they don't always get posted here. So it would be nice to have the app or plugin have a warning-like popup, or a nice icon in the new UI.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:28 pm 

I would not care to have the processor auto-update. With respect to all involved, intended changes sometimes cause unintended consequences. I usually run a new update at a (very) close location before migrating it out to my clients, some of whom are hours away by car.

I suppose an email list would serve my purposes, but it really isn't that hard to log in here from time to time and see what the new updates have. Some don't apply to me, so I wait until they do.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:21 pm 

Hans, this may be a little off-topic but is there gonna be a new solution for more bass in stereotool? I find hardware processors beating out stereotool in having more bass.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:22 pm 

Quote:
Hans, this may be a little off-topic but is there gonna be a new solution for more bass in stereotool? I find hardware processors beating out stereotool in having more bass.
I mean:
1. AGC with band separation
2. Immersive Bass
3. Bass EQ
4. True Bass
5. Sub Bass Boost

Sorry mate, but it seems you're having trouble tweaking it, if other processors are beating ST...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:48 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
I mean:
1. AGC with band separation
2. Immersive Bass
3. Bass EQ
4. True Bass
5. Sub Bass Boost

Sorry mate, but it seems you're having trouble tweaking it, if other processors are beating ST...

So is that how I should setup stereotool?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:50 am 

Quote:
So is that how I should setup stereotool?
What kind of bass are you missing? If upper harmonics, try Immersive Bass. If lower harmonics try True Bass. If True Bass still isn't enough sub-bass, try the Sub Bass Boost (able to be seen on the left once you select the True Bass screen). If it's just that the bass doesn't seem as high relative to the highs, try adjusting the bass band to be relatively higher than the main band in the AGC. Or you can try the equalizer and draw in the bass levels you think you should be getting.

Then there's the Bass Clipper, which I don't really know how to work; nor do I know if it's part of the no-cost package, or requires the basic license.

A little more input as to KIND of bass that is lacking could help us figure out why you're not getting as much bass as you want.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:17 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
If you're the same Antonio who has asked questions via WhatsApp, the problem is really your transmitter. Have you tested those hardware processors with your transmitter?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 1013 Next