All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 913 Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:16 pm 

Quote:
Hello Hans,

I have a problem with the new 4-band AGC. In itself it works great, but somehow at least the band linking does not work for me. The following problem I currently have with it: I want band 3 and band 4 to be somewhat contiguous, because so far the 4th band is too far out for me. That is, a coupling between the 3rd and 4th band, for example, with 3 - 6 db difference. From my point of view, it would also make sense to have one gate per band. So I currently have the problem with older music pieces that the AGC works against me. Say, it is only noise to hear on the tape, if it were coupled with the 3rd band somehow, then that would not be a problem. Also something like Silence Detection, what you introduced in the Auto EQ would remedy this. So far I really feel this is a problem that the linking doesn't work or that there is no gate per band. The threshold only helps me to a limited extent, because it doesn't prevent the overacting of the band.

Please add something here. That would do the AGC very well.
Already been discussed. Linking between AGC's should be optional.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:58 pm 

Quote:

Already been discussed. Linking between AGC's should be optional.
Of course, this should not always be active. But so far, unfortunately, there is no possibility at all. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:07 pm 
Site Admin

BETA039 is available. Most important change:
  • Added L/R band linking/channel separation level compensation, sounds more open, with louder vocals when other instruments kick in.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:42 pm 

Quote:
  • Added L/R band linking/channel separation level compensation, sounds more open, with louder vocals when other instruments kick in.
Can you tell us exactly where we find these new functions?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:54 pm 

Quote:
If it's working like "Soundcard Input balance".. it just can be worse.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:16 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Next to "Channel separation" and "Channel linking" there's now a new setting "Constant sum". The higher you set it the more any level drops will be compensated.

The issue is this: If for example a drum is very loud on one channel, and channel linking is enabled, then both channels are lowered to the level of the lowest one. Which means, among others, that a drum on one channel sounds quieter than a drum at half that level on both channels. Loud instruments on either channel cause the whole level to go down, including vocals. So, turning this protection on makes the sound more open, more dynamic and keeps vocals louder when more (stereo) instruments kick in. It also sounds more stereo.

Note that this has no effect if you're not using channel linking/low separation. The reason to use the combination of these things is that it better maintains stereo information, so it sounds wider, without any stereo widening.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:10 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Next to "Channel separation" and "Channel linking" there's now a new setting "Constant sum". The higher you set it the more any level drops will be compensated.

The issue is this: If for example a drum is very loud on one channel, and channel linking is enabled, then both channels are lowered to the level of the lowest one. Which means, among others, that a drum on one channel sounds quieter than a drum at half that level on both channels. Loud instruments on either channel cause the whole level to go down, including vocals. So, turning this protection on makes the sound more open, more dynamic and keeps vocals louder when more (stereo) instruments kick in. It also sounds more stereo.

Note that this has no effect if you're not using channel linking/low separation. The reason to use the combination of these things is that it better maintains stereo information, so it sounds wider, without any stereo widening.
Where is exactly? I can't find it...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:30 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Where is exactly? I can't find it...
Multiband => Behavior

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:05 pm 

Is it possible to add more than one server in the streaming section on the ST Enterprise?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:29 pm 

Quote:
Is it possible to add more than one server in the streaming section on the ST Enterprise?
atm, nope.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 913 Next