All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:33 pm 

This preset is about emulating the sound of the decommisioned RCN Konstantynów transmitter

A lot of limiting in singleband comp is what made the old transmitter sound so unique

Levels are:
input -12dbfs
output -6db RMS frequency-wise limited to 5kHz, i like it better being limited to around 6,5kHz, however
For better sound the second multiband is used as a lowpass filter of 64db slope at fgr of 4,2kHz, dynamic speeds are also used, but you can disable it if you wish

Hope you like it

[edit] the first version isn't working as advertised ;)

Attachments:
File comment: v1.3 less pumping, fixed 2nd multiband
am 27102020 3.7z [88.75 KiB]
Downloaded 275 times
File comment: v1.0
am 27102020.7z [88.75 KiB]
Downloaded 259 times

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:20 pm 

hello my friend ...i dont know about your transmitter but for the stereotool i have to tell you some corrections ....the agc is fine dont change this...stereo what is this??? do you have and stereo transmitting ???if yes dont change this ...the multiband 1 ...you push the drive to 17.5db why???any way you create a too much out level so have to make the out level to -15db and then you drive the second multi with 25db .....you squeeze your sound so you have put the out in -16.20 db ,,,,the bass clipper is ok no problem and finally we have the singleband compressor you have to put your out in 0db ...finnally why do you have the bandpass filter likje this 40-24000 hz in AM????is totaly wrong even the low and the high pass leave as the factory set from HANS and the lowpass to 5khz or if you have no problem with the nextdoor stations 9khz ...i hope to help you already i,m trying this modulating in 1.730 khz in GREECE enjoy....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:39 pm 

Quote:
stereo what is this??? do you have and stereo transmitting ???if yes dont change this ...
That is made to downmix stereo to mono
Quote:
the multiband 1 ...you push the drive to 17.5db why???any way you create a too much out level so have to make the out level to -15db and then you drive the second multi with 25db .....you squeeze your sound so you have put the out in -16.20 db ,,,,
That's really there to A/B the sound before and after the multibands - the level is perfectly matched loudnesswise. Also st is doin all calculations in 32bit float resolution so driving the level above 0db internally won't do any damage :P
Quote:
finally we have the singleband compressor you have to put your out in 0db ...
No no no, it overshoots a bit, thats why threshold is set to -1,5dB if set to 0db it will overshoot a lot!
Quote:
finnally why do you have the bandpass filter likje this 40-24000 hz in AM????is totaly wrong even the low and the high pass leave as the factory set from HANS and the lowpass to 5khz or if you have no problem with the nextdoor stations 9khz
The final lowpass at 5kHz is in st's am section, the 24k lowpass can be swithed off as it is doin' nothing right now. The highpass is what it's all about. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:51 pm 

ok ...then if you are happy with this keep going my friend.... i hope the best for you