All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:04 pm 

Quote:
The pre-AGC is an extra AGC with a different threshold. It was made for voice tracks that are for example at +10dB in the mix. The pre-AGC only acts on the very loud parts allowing you to use a fast moving AGC on voice tracks and a slower AGC on music.
Low level boost is intended for classical music with very quiet parts.

For pop/rock/electronic etc genres you probably don't need either.
Thank you for clarifying! However, my use for ST is to process all computer audio, including very poorly recorded youtube videos and podcasts. So the Low Level Boost seems to help bring up the levels to the point where the AGC can take over. I realize it's intended for classical music, but as usual, I'm trying to use ST for purposes for which it is not explicitly intended. :geek:

Does this mean that the improvements to the AGC (progressive ratio and dynamic speeds) would not be effective for the Low Level Boost's intended purpose? Perhaps I should keep tweaking the AGC or do some pre-amplification.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:29 am 

Hi Hans

Stereotool v935-Beta021 Standalone, 64Bit, Windows 10 Pro (running on 4K screen).

Not sure if reported or not. Absolute Highs window showing no data. Delossifier section window is fine.
Appears to be cosmetic (Absolute Highs seems to be working, just cannot see what it is doing!)
Attachment:
AbsoHighs-v953-B021.png
AbsoHighs-v953-B021.png [ 12.82 KiB | Viewed 5633 times ]
Regards

Ross

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:14 pm 

the new 4-band agc is awesome.

dominator :o :o :o :o :o

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:28 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hi Hans

Stereotool v935-Beta021 Standalone, 64Bit, Windows 10 Pro (running on 4K screen).

Not sure if reported or not. Absolute Highs window showing no data. Delossifier section window is fine.
Appears to be cosmetic (Absolute Highs seems to be working, just cannot see what it is doing!)

AbsoHighs-v953-B021.png

Regards

Ross
Can you send me your full settings? It doesn't reproduce here - the graph looks fine.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:29 am 
Site Admin

BETA025 is posted. Now including new MicroMPX binaries for Windows and ARM - there was an issue in previous builds in the encoder GUI (target IP addresses weren't accessible), that's fixed now. So this is the first MicroMPX build that fully works AND supports GPS synchronization for Single Frequency Networks on Raspberry Pi's!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:50 pm 

Quote:
  • PhoneBooster: Check audio quality is ok for releasing
Question for you Hans: Is the PhoneBooster already integrated and visible? I can't find it at least in the provided VST plugins (no matter if version 2 or 3). Therefore I wanted to ask here how the state of affairs is. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:03 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
  • PhoneBooster: Check audio quality is ok for releasing
Question for you Hans: Is the PhoneBooster already integrated and visible? I can't find it at least in the provided VST plugins (no matter if version 2 or 3). Therefore I wanted to ask here how the state of affairs is. :roll:
We're first releasing it as a stand alone program. Which is basically ready, but I discovered this weekend (when I wanted to post it) that the native interface doesn't allow loading/saving/selecting presets. That can't be hard to add, so it should be available very soon.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:07 pm 

Quote:
We're first releasing it as a stand alone program. Which is basically ready, but I discovered this weekend (when I wanted to post it) that the native interface doesn't allow loading/saving/selecting presets. That can't be hard to add, so it should be available very soon.
Hi, that's a good idea! And if you could add some "starter presets" too. Just looked the latest version and there is awesome things coming. Can't wait! :)

BR,
Janne

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:41 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Hi, that's a good idea! And if you could add some "starter presets" too. Just looked the latest version and there is awesome things coming. Can't wait! :)

BR,
Janne
Those "starter presets" are there, the only issue right now is that you can't select them...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:21 pm 
Site Admin

Posted BETA028.
Most important changes:

Stereo Tool
  • AutoEQ: Added "Go to center" for near-silence per band.
  • Multiband Compressor 1: Added "Go to target" when gating per band.
MicroMPX SFN/GPS version
  • Several issues with resetting GPS measurements fixed, now integration from inside Stereo Tool works properly.
PhoneBooster
  • New beta posted, I still need to check the built-in presets but everything should work now.
The changes in Stereo Tool will help a lot to avoid boosting bands too much. For example, if there are nearly no highs at all, previously Auto EQ would just raise the level of that band as much as possible - so when there then suddenly was some actual audio there, or for example when there still was soms background noise, MPEG artifacts etc, they would be boosted a lot. That can now be avoided. I have long hesitated to add this feature because I thought it would behave unnaturally, but if setup properly, it really doesn't.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next