All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 9 Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:20 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Cause found, this is not a new issue, and it only affects Hear mode, not the normal processing (it might cause weird effects to the audio though). I think I know how to fix it. - Edit: It should be fixed now.
While you there, can you add AGC Gate detection 'after' AGC? :)

And yes, Window for agc is mostly fine when you have it on release only. I yold you to separate those two when you first time add it. Also other window settings confusing and should be way simpler.
I have an idea for a completely different window implementation - which will be both more flexible and far easier to understand, and probably sound better too.
Thing is that all that already exist, and it's very simple. Set window size, set is it on attack too (release always), set speed inside window (% of main speed, for example), done.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:22 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

While you there, can you add AGC Gate detection 'after' AGC? :)

And yes, Window for agc is mostly fine when you have it on release only. I yold you to separate those two when you first time add it. Also other window settings confusing and should be way simpler.
I have an idea for a completely different window implementation - which will be both more flexible and far easier to understand, and probably sound better too.
Thing is that all that already exist, and it's very simple. Set window size, set is it on attack too (release always), set speed inside window (% of main speed, for example), done.
Except that that doesn't match how it currently works. Not exactly anyway. Which is a problem. It was the first time I implemented a window - and while it works it can be better.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:49 pm 

Quote:
Ah lol I overlooked your last sentence. Anyway, please specify more clearly what you're missing :)
Thanks for the detailed answers. Yes, I have quoted the information from the manual. I could not just use single sentences, because the context is important.

Since I don't have access to such a device at the moment I can't answer your questions in detail either. Your questions are so specific that I believe that even if you have such a device at hand you can't understand in detail what causes which setting. You probably won't get more information than in the quoted manual.

I like the points you want to add, like the mix or the band coupling.

But in the original topic of me someone has access to such a device, if I remember correctly. Maybe this person can check it again and give you the necessary information. Who exactly it was I would have to look up myself.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:29 pm 

DSP Beta 21 shows as Beta 20, fyi..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:07 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
DSP Beta 21 shows as Beta 20, fyi..
Ah, that build failed and I restarted it but forgot to upload it again. Uploading it now, should be there in a few minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:15 am 

That declipper output level not fixed.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:53 pm 

Can Hans add AAC codec on the streaming output?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:16 pm 

I haven't used this word to describe a Stereo Tool feature since the declipper… but the multiband AGC and Progressive Ratio features are phenomenal! I can see why they're part of the increasingly valuable Advanced Dynamics package. I'm looking forward to a new WatchCat with this updated DLL integrated.

Also, I must have missed when this came into play, but the Equalizer now can be moved before the clipper! Extremely helpful for final attenuation.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:28 pm 

Sorry for the double post, but: What is the difference between the low-level boost and the pre-AGC? Is there a reason to use one over the other for bringing up low volume sounds? Or should they be used together?

I've been liking the Low-Level Boost (shows only at higher Operating Modes like Expert or Extreme Tweaker) but it doesn't seem to have the features of the new AGC. Since the Pre-AGC is connected to the AGC, I assume it has progressive ratios and dynamic speeds. If not, would it be possible to get these excellent features included in the Low-Level Boost if that's indeed the one I should use?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:30 am 

The pre-AGC is an extra AGC with a different threshold. It was made for voice tracks that are for example at +10dB in the mix. The pre-AGC only acts on the very loud parts allowing you to use a fast moving AGC on voice tracks and a slower AGC on music.
Low level boost is intended for classical music with very quiet parts.

For pop/rock/electronic etc genres you probably don't need either.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 9 Next