All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Loudness
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:37 am 

I just feel like stereo tool is not just that loud of stations using an orban or omnia audio box processor. Same results for you? I just wanted to know. I'm using inbuilt presets so I'm not changing settings. I run a real radio station as I have the professional version of stereo tool if that matters. Bass just seems lacking as well. If anything I'd like to hear your opinion. Currently using 9.52

Post subject: Re: Loudness
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:38 pm 

While it may or may not be ready for on-air use yet, the improvements in the 9.53 Beta such as the 4-band AGC and BIYF boost (bass compressor) seem like they might help your issues.

I just use it for personal listening, so high loudness isn't something I'm specifically looking for. I aim for around -14 on the meter seen on the main processing page. The 4-band AGC keeps that a lot more consistent. But bass is something I *really* get a kick out of. So while the BIYF can keep bass nice and loud, it should only kick in when TrueBass doesn't handle it via sub-harmonics. Try raising the True Bass strength.

I highly recommend trying out the beta in a safe testing environment.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:43 pm 

Quote:
While it may or may not be ready for on-air use yet, the improvements in the 9.53 Beta such as the 4-band AGC and BIYF boost (bass compressor) seem like they might help your issues.

I just use it for personal listening, so high loudness isn't something I'm specifically looking for. I aim for around -14 on the meter seen on the main processing page. The 4-band AGC keeps that a lot more consistent. But bass is something I *really* get a kick out of. So while the BIYF can keep bass nice and loud, it should only kick in when TrueBass doesn't handle it via sub-harmonics. Try raising the True Bass strength.

I highly recommend trying out the beta in a safe testing environment.
I guess I'll try that on another computer. Since my radio station is 24/7 I can't have dead air.

Hopefully it's like other radio stations bass type.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:06 pm 

I don't think the presets that use the new AGC or Bass Compressor have been integrated yet. Nor have default settings for bands 3/4 or the bass compressor been established. I recommend starting with a preset you like then importing just the settings for the True Bass module (BIYF boost compressor settings are attached to it for now) and the AGC. I'm biased, but I like my AGC/TrueBass settings and recommend them as a starting point: found here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27976

There are a few other people who have put out presets for this beta, found in this subforum: viewforum.php?f=10

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:18 am 

AGC will probably not help in just being "loud". Not all presets have been made with this purpose in mind and loudness depends a lot on the market you're in. You will have to adjust the clipper drive setting to get the loudness you need. Did you calibrate the output level of ST / the input level of your transmitter?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:38 am 

Quote:
I just feel like stereo tool is not just that loud of stations using an orban or omnia audio box processor. Same results for you? I just wanted to know. I'm using inbuilt presets so I'm not changing settings. I run a real radio station as I have the professional version of stereo tool if that matters. Bass just seems lacking as well. If anything I'd like to hear your opinion. Currently using 9.52
In many countries the stations are over modulating (in my country/city some stations are up to 125/130 kHz), then is impossible to match those insane mod levels without over mod too...
I work for several stations in my city, some have Omnias and others Optimods and Stereotool can match the loundness and quality from that processors easily, even can be more loudness if needed.
Respect the bass sound... only don't can replicate the bass and clarity of the Orban 8700... but I hope that Bojcha, Matt Levin or some of the preset makers gurus here will be do sooner or later.