All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 1522 Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:25 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Still, compressor after legacy AGC is altered by that "attack" thing, even there is no option.
Ah, the new default is 100% and because there was no setting, that's what you got. Added setting.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:28 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I can still use StereoTool without proper alt text, but my screen reader reads the images as "web widget on l" and "web s".
We are working on a new web interface that will - hopefully - work much better with screen readers. For one, it will allow typing in a number directly instead of moving a slider.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:31 pm 

Quote:
And I still don't understand what 'start attack immediately' does. What's different from increasing the attack shape? Attack starts acting on the 2nd sample of a burst, does it now also include the 1st one (which would only have a very minor effect)? :?
The attack does indeed start right away. However, it starts very slowly, and ramps up to the target speed slowly (depending on how far it needs to travel and the user set attack). With this new setting, the attack speed immediately gets set to the target speed. If you run some waveforms, you can see a pretty pronounced difference, especially for compressors with long attack times.

What's the benefit of using this control? Attack characteristics mimic what the ear expects, rather than the alternative, which is that a sudden burst of sound comes in and at first the compressor does seemingly nothing at all, and then dips down later. Of course, the compressor needs to attack to the same place either way, but our ears notice it less when it happens right when the burst of audio kicks in, rather than a moment later.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:58 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Nothing really interesting, just a lot of STX work (so it's basically our internal tests). And we're at 029 now :)

For the 32 bit Pi versions, the CPU load is probably lower (about 5% for MicroMPX, I haven't measured Stereo Tool yet but I'm expecting a similar improvement). The 64 bit versions MIGHT be faster as well but I have not yet tested those.

Except for that, the web interface is working again, and now uses websockets so it's faster and using less overhead. O, and the Winamp plugin now also contains IceCast streaming, so you don't need to use a separate plugin after it (for which you need some multi-DSP plugin in many cases) anymore. But the installer isn't properly updated yet.
In the Streaming Output section, needs to resample the audio when use with FM Output (192 kHz) and "built-in streaming" and OGG-Vorbis, because the streaming sample rate goes to 192 kHz and the bitrate goes to 150 kb/s...
Hi, can you give me some more details? The built-in streaming _should_ be following the sample rate of the input signal that the plugin gets.
I'm testing with "standalone version", FM + Streaming setup, input is VAC (set to 44.1 kHz) , output is Realtek onboard (192 kHz) and "streaming output" set with "built in streaming" in OGG and goes to 192 kHz and the bitrate around 150 kb/s... I need a bitrate around 64 kb/s and 44.1 kHz.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:44 pm 

Hello Hans, StereoTool is improving A LOT with these new updates. Specially the clipper, The highs are way more cleaner and less distorted than earlier. But StereoTool lacks only one thing that prevents me from using it on my station... Old School Bass Clipper, Just like Omnia.9 or Optimod 8200. You could just put the Bass Clipper inside the Advanced Limiter as a additional feature. If that thing comes to life. StereoTool will be exactly the processing software i've dreamed of. You don't need to make the Bass Clipper fixed into Advanced Clipper. Just make it movable. It will be way easier to set up instead of making it behind the clipper or Single Band Compressor.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:58 pm 

Quote:
Hello Hans, StereoTool is improving A LOT with these new updates. Specially the clipper, The highs are way more cleaner and less distorted than earlier. But StereoTool lacks only one thing that prevents me from using it on my station... Old School Bass Clipper, Just like Omnia.9 or Optimod 8200. You could just put the Bass Clipper inside the Advanced Limiter as a additional feature. If that thing comes to life. StereoTool will be exactly the processing software i've dreamed of. You don't need to make the Bass Clipper fixed into Advanced Clipper. Just make it movable. It will be way easier to set up instead of making it behind the clipper or Single Band Compressor.
It’s already there, called Bass Clipper as a stand-alone filter. It’s been there for several versions, and just got a major update in this beta cycle.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:18 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Just make it movable. It will be way easier to set up instead of making it behind the clipper or Single Band Compressor.
It’s already there, called Bass Clipper as a stand-alone filter. It’s been there for several versions, and just got a major update in this beta cycle.
Hi. After re-reading this person's post, my impression is that they're asking for the ability to move the BC module more places than the two existing places (after SB or Clip).

I'll say I am interested in the updated bass clipper, but I'm also waiting for the 9.38 RC so its settings can be finalized before I start using/tweaking it. I've been enjoying the extreme peaks from True Bass.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:44 pm 

Appears beta 33 builds are on the server if interested. Example:

https://www.stereotool.com/download/dsp ... 38-033.exe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:42 pm 

any chance that you will include streaming for us DSP users?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:35 am 

Quote:
any chance that you will include streaming for us DSP users?
Streaming output is already available for DSP users.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 1522 Next