StudioOne HD
Attachment:
StudioOne_v00.03_HD.sts [350.18 KiB]
Downloaded 2644 times
Update:
[attachment=10]StudioOne_v00.14_HD.sts[/attachment]
=========================================

Update.
After some time, here is last version i have.

Default HD version [attachment=9]StudioOne_v01.70-HD.sts[/attachment]

Boosted HD version (bass and highs) [attachment=8]StudioOne_v01.70-HD-Boost.sts[/attachment]

FM version [attachment=7]StudioOne_v01.71-FM.sts[/attachment]
FM version - small fix for sub bass.[attachment=6]StudioOne_v01.72-FM.sts[/attachment]
FM version[attachment=5]StudioOne_v01.73-FM.sts[/attachment]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated to version v1.74 (probably Final version). Some more tweaks to dynamic filter and other tweaks.
[attachment=4]StudioOne_v1.74_RC1_HD-HD2-FM.rar[/attachment]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This new versiosn has new MB1 xovers and many other small fixes. Later i'll post boosted versions, it will be differently boosted ;)
[attachment=3]StudioOne_v01.94-HD-default.sts[/attachment]
[attachment=2]StudioOne_v01.94-FM-default.sts[/attachment]
Be sure to load all audio and FM settings for FM version.
Since many will ask for more bass, it's very easy to add it, Bass Clipper > rise 'drive' (currently +0.4) For example i like it at +1.4dB
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest version 1.99
[attachment=1]StudioOne_v01.99-HD-FM-default.sts[/attachment]
Fixes: Mostly about AGC, it's faster now, protection compressor stronger, some distortions removed caused by MB2 on some tracks.. etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest and Final version 2.02 StereoTool 9.82+
Attachment:
StudioOne_v02.02-HD-FM-default.sts [438.46 KiB]
Downloaded 1608 times
Fixes: HD Output now uses Limiter, Final level also determined from limiter (before Hard Limit), i hope i fixed some distortions from MB2,
AutoEQ is set but OFF, some small fixes.
For FM usage i recommend HighPass Filter at 34Hz

- Using 130% quality! 150% is best, and 100% is still ok.
- Use no more than -3dB input. Up to -6dB is best. Ofc it'll work with 0dB input, but because AGC gate and Noise Reduction, ~-6 is kinda sweet spot.
- Preset using clipper instead limiter (HD), since limiter is unfortunately broken. Yea.. Who does not notice, it's much better to use Limiter [for HD] (just turn it ON, all pre-adjusted) especially if it's for streaming.
- Who likes phase rotating, there is new one, much more resembles 'that' sound (Phase Delay). So just turn it ON, already set.

If anyone want more or less loudness, more or less bass/highs, etc.. ask how to do it properly.

Last Edit: 02.nov 2021.

Attachments:
StudioOne_v01.99-HD-FM-default.sts [435.65 KiB]
Downloaded 1082 times
StudioOne_v01.94-FM-default.sts [404.35 KiB]
Downloaded 631 times
StudioOne_v01.94-HD-default.sts [377.03 KiB]
Downloaded 784 times
StudioOne_v1.74_RC1_HD-HD2-FM.rar [317.86 KiB]
Downloaded 1189 times
StudioOne_v01.73-FM.sts [403.15 KiB]
Downloaded 768 times
StudioOne_v01.72-FM.sts [403.09 KiB]
Downloaded 630 times
StudioOne_v01.71-FM.sts [403.11 KiB]
Downloaded 671 times
StudioOne_v01.70-HD-Boost.sts [375.8 KiB]
Downloaded 1018 times
StudioOne_v01.70-HD.sts [375.8 KiB]
Downloaded 871 times
StudioOne_v00.14_HD.sts [350.42 KiB]
Downloaded 2805 times

Post subject: Re: StudioOne HD
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:48 pm 

As usual, it sounds fantastic... Couple questions..

Why 39Hz for HPF? Seems a bit high for full bass reproduction.

Why not enable "Optimize audio for lossy compression (clean), under Limiting & Clipping?

Also, I noticed Declipper had neither Input is analog or resampled, or input can be compressed enabled. I've seen both or at least "compressed" being on in most presets.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:37 pm 

Quote:
As usual, it sounds fantastic... Couple questions..

Why 39Hz for HPF? Seems a bit high for full bass reproduction.
Why not enable "Optimize audio for lossy compression (clean), under Limiting & Clipping?
Also, I noticed Declipper had neither Input is analog or resampled, or input can be compressed enabled. I've seen both or at least "compressed" being on in most presets.
- 39Hz, you need to read explenation from Hans about new HPF. I didn't understand it actually at all. So, 39 it's around 29-31 really. Atleast it acts like it's before agc and mb.
- Preset already uses limiter not clipper. Also that feature is not good.. it messes final bass peek level and other things. (partially fixed, still not quite ok)
- Well, i always count for perfect input, even in full analog chain. That's why we have input tilt correction (input section) But it can be ON for sure.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:31 pm 

0.03 Very nice sound!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:02 pm 

Hi Bojcha,

Sounds very good, 2 questions for you - How come you use the legacy AGC? And what would be the best way to make this work for FM? Add some clipping, change the LPF to 15khz?

Many Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:44 am 

Quote:
Hi Bojcha,
Sounds very good, 2 questions for you - How come you use the legacy AGC? And what would be the best way to make this work for FM? Add some clipping, change the LPF to 15khz?
Many Thanks
Enable FM, rise clipper till you happy.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:18 am 

Hi Bojcha, first of all congratulate you on this excellent preset.
I was using the download/file.php?id=2929, now I see yours sounds much clearer (less artificial).
I was used to the previous one but I notice that it has a little more gain than yours.
How could you implement a little more overall gain without losing quality?

EDIT:
I tried increasing the pre amplifier gain to + 15.31dB (583.0%).
That's how I hear it great, but I want your opinion or another way to achieve this goal.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:06 am 

Rising pre-amplifier will do exactly nothing with audio since ratio is inf:1, only will put more treshold to AGC. To boost loudness a bit go to MB2 and rise MB output level. It's curently at -1.25dB. If you need more, then start to rise drive in MB2.

btw: Pre-Amplifier is for a reason on -6dB. All comming filters can be heard alone (not all yet) with headroom. (hear button). In next versions all filters will be fixed levels.
If you need more threshold in AGC best would be to add it with AGC Drive.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:14 am 

Perfect! Thank you so much!
The best preset I've tried

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:46 pm 

Bochja, can you please explain how you setup gating on this preset? I have all my songs replay gained at RG2 levels, which I think are -18dB. Then I have the input pumped a bit on the DSP model of Stereotool at +5db. There are still some songs that have soft intros that seem to stay under the gate for a bit, which doesn't sound super great after a loud cold ending or some station imaging. What is your ideal input level for this preset? Perhaps my idea of gating isn't correct or needs some improvement.

I understand gating to be a minimum level to which the AGC will reach to bring audio up. If the gating is set to -15dB and my low intro is at -20dB, the AGC won't touch it until the audio gets up to -15dB. Is that correct?

Also, I've heard there's some ability that ST has to use "smart gating", where it monitors the audio and adjusts gating automagically. Maybe that was something else, or somewhere else...

Thanks for the help!