All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 5:47 pm 

2nd "behavior" panel under MB1 when compressor type is set to "digital" is not available but is available if compressor type is set to "analog".
adjustments made to the 2nd "behavior" panel when compressor type is set to "analog", are passed to compressor type "digital" but this panel is not available for adjustments if compressor type is set to "digital".
attached picture shows the 2nd "behavior" panel in question that is missing when MB1 compressor type is set to "digital".
since i use MB1 set to "digital", i can still make these adjustments to the missing 2nd "behavior" panel by saving a preset with MB1 set as "digital", then change MB1 type to "analog" to make the missing 2nd "behavior" panel appear, select the 2nd "behavior" panel so its on screen, then load the preset that was saved to change MB1 back to "digital" while the 2nd "behavior" panel is on screen, the 2nd "behavior" panel will stay on screen for adjustments until you navigate away from it, when adjustments are completed, simply save them.

Attachments:
File comment: behavior panel
ST-bug.jpg
ST-bug.jpg [ 214.29 KiB | Viewed 4094 times ]

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:09 pm 

to revise my post:
if MB1 type is set to "digital", only one behavior panel is shown, "attack flatness, release flatness, release inertia & continuous release".
if MB1 type is set to "analog", only one behavior panel is shown, "ratio, max ratio, rel release, big rel release, sudden attack, window, separation, channel linking & lowpass below"
the issue is this, any adjustments that are made to the behavior panel when MB1 type is set to "analog", are carried over and affect MB1 type "digital" but this behavior panel which is only shown when MB1 type is set to "analog", cannot be adjusted when MB1 type is set to "digital" because the panel disappears.
this means that any adjustments that need to made to this behavior panel that does not show for MB1 type "digital", need to be made when MB1 type is set to "analog", which makes adjustments a bit difficult.
prior to version 9.31, both behavior panels appeared whether MB1 type was set to digital or analog.
i am trying my best to explain this issue i have discovered, i hope this revision to my post helps a bit.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:13 am 
Site Admin

This is on purpose. Most of the settings aren't working for Digital mode, and those that are working are available in other places.

Ratio is under Speeds.
Separation is under Detection.
Max Ratio, Max Ratio At, Relative release, Big release acceleration and Sudden attack threshold, Window, Channel linking and Lowpass below are all Analog mode settings.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:42 pm 

Quote:
This is on purpose. Most of the settings aren't working for Digital mode, and those that are working are available in other places.

Ratio is under Speeds.
Separation is under Detection.
Max Ratio, Max Ratio At, Relative release, Big release acceleration and Sudden attack threshold, Window, Channel linking and Lowpass below are all Analog mode settings.
i kind of figured it was intentional but adjusting those settings for analog mode (which are not available in digital mode) do affect digital mode operation.
i actually prefer that those particular settings are able to be adjusted since i use the "window" mode for each band, it does have the effect i am looking for with MB1 in digital operation - the particular adjustments that i have made, that have the effect i need, are shown in the photo attached in my first post.
maybe i am asking too much and forgive me if i am, but would it be too much trouble to put those adjustments back for digital mode ?
if not, i can continue to make the adjustments i desire for digital mode, in analog mode (as i have been doing).
i also discovered, since i prefer using the "legacy" AGC (it just "works" way better), that some adjustments made on the "new" AGC (aka "current"), affect the operation of the legacy AGC.
the results of that have also provided certain effects i was targeting with the legacy AGC, so as far as i am concerned, its a good thing for me.
thanks for responding ! 8-)