All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Thimeo WatchCat 1.2.4
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:27 am 

Changes since 1.2.0:
  • Recursive watchfolders added:
    There is now an option that enables the user to also watch subdirectories of a watchfolder, and retain that folder structure in the output directory.
  • Enabled pausing of watchfolder file detection:
    Right-click any watchfolder and choose "pause", continue watching with the play button to the left.
    A newly added watchfolder is paused by default.
  • Fixed a bug where WatchCat would crash when deleting a processing chain that is being used. Removing a processing chain will now ask for confirmation
  • Metadata is now copied from the source file to the destination file
  • Various user interface improvements and bugfixes

Known bugs:
  • Adding a large amount of files to a watchfolder temporarily freezes the user interface
  • Item stuck in queue on a certain percentage of "encoding" while actually done encoding
    Occurs when changing the number of threads during processing.
  • Closing the error log when WatchCat is minimized to tray, closes WatchCat
  • Various ill-rendered user interface elements
    Empty space trailing the last item in the queue, jumping elements in queue, missing borders, etc.
  • WatchCat uses normal output settings and ignores FM output settings when present.

Feature requests:
  • Copy cover art too (as well as metadata)

As always, please let us know if you experience any trouble.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:27 am 

It's so awesome that it copies the metadata but it doesn't copy the cover art.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:12 pm 

Now that Stereo Tool 9.22 was released I tested it with WatchCat 1.2.4 (built Jan 19, found on download page). I used it with Dutch Chocolate Moose Europe FM preset. The processed file sounds clearly different. It has noticeably sharper highs compared to playing the song in MediaMonkey music player running ST 9.22, where it sounds more softer.

My question is this: does WatchCat require an update also every time ST is updated to use the most recent version of ST? If so, can WatchCat be updated manually to use the newer .dll's of ST? Can the "generic_stereo_tool.dll" be updated with the newer version? Could WatchCat be made to function so that it would search for the most recent .dll found in ST's install folder instead, so that WatchCat wouldn't require an update just to have the .dll updated?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:15 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,

The latest WatchCat download does come with the latest Stereo Tool version (9.22). I've already replied in another forum, but my guess is that something is configured differently, wrt. FM versus streaming output.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:43 pm 

Alright so the next feature request is that WatchCat uses all the settings from the preset file when processing!

I would imagine that if a user who has specifically saved a preset file that has also FM settings in it would also want to hear it exactly like that in the processed file also. Otherwise they would have saved a different preset file with no FM settings on. WatchCat should not leave anything out from the processed file compared to the preset file a user has applied!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:05 pm 

Quote:
Alright so the next feature request is that WatchCat uses all the settings from the preset file when processing!

I would imagine that if a user who has specifically saved a preset file that has also FM settings in it would also want to hear it exactly like that in the processed file also. Otherwise they would have saved a different preset file with no FM settings on. WatchCat should not leave anything out from the processed file compared to the preset file a user has applied!
Well, a lot of presets contain both settings for normal output and FM output. It's not that it purposely leaves anything out, it's just taking the normal output settings, which makes sense since we're processing left/right files here. In this case the difference in highs is probably mostly caused by the difference in clipping level. We'll think a bit about this though.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:03 am 

FYI... Coming Soon!
Attachment:
Schermafbeelding 2019-02-15 om 11.02.10.png
Schermafbeelding 2019-02-15 om 11.02.10.png [ 30.93 KiB | Viewed 13833 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:46 pm 

That's really great! More options for the user is always better!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:14 pm 

I'd like to request an option to ignore or generate new replay gain values when copying the metadata.

My cousin and I thank you for this handy little tool.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:03 am 

Quote:
I'd like to request an option to ignore or generate new replay gain values when copying the metadata.
Makes sense, I've added it to the to-dolist.