All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 1829 Next
 Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 9.00
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:06 pm 

So I see 004 as the last beta, just like timmywa, which can be downloaded here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=24966&start=120#p56405. I don't see any of the other versions. Is there a new place where the betas are distributed, or is that no longer public? I'm asking myself the same questions as timmywa. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:42 pm 

Quote:
Jack itself uses a lot of CPU

I'm testing in Ubuntu 12.04, but I don't think that that can make any difference (?).
No it doesn't.

The current year is 2018 not 2012. Are you using a six year old distribution?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:05 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
I updated to beta 004 from an earlier v9. The limiter in MB2 seemed to get stuck. I'm attaching the STS.
004 had a clipper issue in MB2 which could be a problem (leading to silence on the output) depending on what version you came from. That has been solved since. I never uploaded that fix though.... will do that soon! For now, go to MB2 settings, and move all the clipper levels to the maximum (under Multiband 2 -> Limitiing -> Clip level).
Thanks for the update Hans! I decided to Reset to Factory Defaults so I could picked up the updated, default settings for the various processors. I then began tweaking... sounds great! Thanks for your continued hard work over the years!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:11 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Jack itself uses a lot of CPU

I'm testing in Ubuntu 12.04, but I don't think that that can make any difference (?).
No it doesn't.

The current year is 2018 not 2012. Are you using a six year old distribution?
Yes. On purpose. For compatibility reasons, because anything you build on any Linux system uses the glibc from that system. And on any other distro that has an older glibc you can't run it. I am using the latest gcc compiler etc, so that's all new - and you yourself are at 14.04 which isn't the latest either :) . But yes, this is on purpose. Best way to maintain compatibility over a large range of distro's. In fact, despite using this really old build environment I STILL had to make some changes (hacks, basically) to make things work in CentOS 6, which is still supported and used.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:31 pm 
Site Admin

New build is running now btw. I ran a few builds in between (that you can find by "guessing" the file name) but there was an issue with them (crash on close in debug mode) so I didn't post them here. The current build should be ok again, and I will post it here as soon as it's finished.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:43 pm 

In beta 004 I found problems with a I2S audio card. In 003 it is perfect.
In beta 003 it looks like the buffer setting is drifting. After a while it sounds like jitter. When you move the buffer size a bit, it is solved.

Quote:
New build is running now btw. I ran a few builds in between (that you can find by "guessing" the file name) but there was an issue with them (crash on close in debug mode) so I didn't post them here. The current build should be ok again, and I will post it here as soon as it's finished.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:12 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
In beta 004 I found problems with a I2S audio card. In 003 it is perfect.
In beta 003 it looks like the buffer setting is drifting. After a while it sounds like jitter. When you move the buffer size a bit, it is solved.
Hm, I haven't changed anything sound card related recently. Although, I have changed some things that were related to thread priorities - and changed them back in the new build because they were causing issues (if all my cores were busy, the GUI would freeze, in the plugin version)

I'm also a bit confused - first you say 003 is perfect, then that 003 drifts? Or did you mean 004? Let's wait what the new build does.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:12 am 
Site Admin

Stereo Tool 9.02 BETA008

Windows 32 bit:
Windows stand alone: https://www.stereotool.com/download/ste ... 02-008.exe
Winamp DSP: https://www.stereotool.com/download/dsp ... 02-008.exe
VST: http://www.stereotool.com/download/vst_ ... 02-008.dll

Windows 64 bit:
Windows stand alone: https://www.stereotool.com/download/ste ... 02-008.exe
VST: https://www.stereotool.com/download/vst ... 02-008.dll

CHANGES:
  • Multiband 2 clipper default values were taken from earlier version and set to -infinity dB, leading to silence (BETA004).
  • GUI priority is too low now (BETA003/004) - removed lowering it for plugin version.
  • GUI: 4K weird flashing since last Windows update
  • RDS: Support for ODA. probably ok
  • RDS: Support for EON Partially working, need to add burst mode, linkage, freqs, turning on/off via command
  • RDS: EON: Support for multiple AF frequencies
  • MicroMPX crashes on closing -> Join thread was missing
  • uMPX: Add entering & applying hash
  • uMPX encoder: Add new settings to separate encoder
  • uMPX decoder: Add password + hash
  • SST build fails, incorrectly including something from MicroMPX somehow?

OLD CHANGES:
  • Made MB clipper completely separate from limiter, so you can now use both at the same time
  • Input level meter can flash black on Mac. Cause unknown, doesn't really reproduce in a clear way. -> Value was set to 0 after displaying and could be displayed again before a new value was set.
  • Output scope runs too slow in certain situations
  • Output scope can lag behind (GuntherM) -> Probably fixed by previous fix, waiting for feedback
  • Check uMPX disabled when FM disabled -> Yes, but GUI wasn't.
  • Mac VST plugin didn't work.
  • Add MB clipper to MB1 as well. Decide if limiter AND clipper needed simultaneously (probably not?)
  • Update build script - remainder - Woohoo, full build now takes 12 hours (was 30)
  • Add MB clippers
  • Lower GUI thread priority for plugin versions.
  • Make Windows event thread priority equal to GUI thread priority. (Affinity was already ok)
  • Set minimum size on VST version (1500x843)
  • Update build script for much faster build - partially done

PLANNED:
  • Add ThimeoKoekError to Stereo Tool
  • uMPX decoder: Not stable with password protection, and asserts on bad data (should just print a warning)
  • uMPX: decoder: Check password activation on startup
  • uMPX decoder: License was saved in current directory, which fails in Program Files.
  • uMPX decoder: Ignore ticks for too late packets
  • Redesign ClockShift
  • Check MB1 clip display
  • Test 64 bit sound card exception handling in ProppFrexx - that wasn't the problem... apparently
  • RDS: EON: Support for other type of AF frequencies?
  • RDS: Support for AF method B
  • Bug report: Linux version uses 100% CPU on one thread, even in bypass mode (must be sound card thread?) -> Not here. Not sure what's going on.....
  • Update preset
  • uMPX encoder/plugin: Sound card speed message
  • uMPX highs idea
  • Brian, NAB
  • MOBO
  • Delay on handling changed IP/port numbers. Or smart queue which removes duplicates
  • uMPX decoder: Add multicast subscribe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:43 am 

Hmm, are the compressor windows already fixed or does that have low priority?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:14 am 

Quote:
Quote:
I did not expect it to take up to 30 secs although we did notice the Auto EQ meters didn't come up for some time when the music starts in foobar. Yesterday we realised in live streaming this will also be an issue, when a record ends and skips to the next over a jingle in RDAirplay it will go over the same procedure because settings are fixed to the previous song / jingle?
Of course this depends on your settings. Auto EQ is never "fixed" on a song, it adjusts constantly. "Abrubt change protection" allows it to move faster if the input changes drastically (e.g. the bass kicks in).

I see Mathijs, that's what I was thinking when Hans brought up the issue in batch processing. I'm trying to figure out why it would be better to load default before processing a new song in batch since in both instances Auto EQ needs to adjust to the next song from some point started and that looks to me like a 50-50 chance default or last song being closer to the song coming up?

Digital (no audio cards) on Rivendell, Jack Audio Connection, Liquidsoap, Icecast and Stereotool 9.37 in Virtualbox.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 1829 Next