All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:16 pm 

hello,

i got a question. i am searching for a portable software with which i can use stereotool (vst or dsp) to create a preset. on my home pc i got adobe audition installed. i tried it with audacity, but there are still some bugs in live mode (you can only use it once in live mode. if you want to play the track twice, then if you change something in GUI you do not hear it). in monkeys audio i got a long delay. if i change here things it needs a long time to respond (about 30 seconds).

therefore i am searching a free or proprietary software, which is lightweight and portable (no activation, maybe running from USB Drive) for creating presets with a live mode like in adobe audition, where i can change everything and hear directly the change on the output.

thank you in advance for your help. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:25 pm 

OcenAudio might work.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:12 pm 

Quote:
OcenAudio might work.
thats a very interesting program. i tried it. from the user interface its great, and its portable too. but if i want to use the VST Plugin of stereotool i always getting a error that it is unsupported, and then the whole application crashes (i tried the last beta, either the last released version). the crash always occurs. do i have to setup some special?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:15 pm 

I have now found by chance this program here. It seems also about an open source how to act audacity. but in contrast, so does the handling of VST plugins appear properly. all parameters are read, and also the live mode is much better. knew that someone here already?

http://openmpt.org/download

what it still is great that you can see all over 4000 existing parameters of vst plugins. all the problems that I have posted in beta threat would therefore appear to be purely come from audacity.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:56 am 

maybe someone has another idea for such a software? OpenMPT is quite nice in itself, but it also has its flaws. It also does not necessarily have to be VST DSP feel the same. Thank you for your support.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:21 pm 
Site Admin

For creating presets I would really advise to use something like Winamp, it's easy and fast.