All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:32 pm 

New to Stereo Tools and the Forum, so thanks in advance for your help. I'm trying to use the Stand Alone version of Stereo Tools by inserting it using ASIO in and out of an EMU 0404 card. It passes audio-sort of. Lots of pops, cracks, and distortion. There is what I expect is a buffer overrun or some other issue... if I understand the StereoTools GUI, the Input color bar on the General Sound Card page goes from Green (Left) to Yellow (right). The Output color bar is green and stops mid way.

I've tried setting the sample rates in both the card and Stereo tools to 44.1 and 48. The EMU ASIO control panel only gives options of Buffer Latency- up to 100ms, but trying various settings has done nothing to improve the situation.

Hints, Comments, Suggestions?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:50 pm 

Will try on my 0202 and let you know..

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:39 am 
Site Admin

Could it be that your pc is too slow? What does the top red bar under 'CPU & Latency' show?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:17 pm 

Thanks for your replies.

I did mange to decrease the popping by hitting on a 3 ms latency in the EMU ASIO config. But still there. PC load could be an issue...there is a lot of other stuff going on in the box-it is a unit I use to test streaming configurations-so there is ad substitution and stream manager software, though I use WME for test encoding when working remotely. The 'percentage of time in processing' sits around 46%. Percentage of time in GUI ranges from 47% to 100%. Not at that site yet today-using VNC- Task Manager shows CPU usage ranging from 60-85% (some of that is VNC).