All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:27 am 

Anyone using one of these for ST?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:52 am 

Me no and i think i will never try since afaik it's 90% "creative" inside.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:48 am 

No. I prefar the ASUS Phoebus $200 (U.S Retail Price). A balance between gamer and music lover.

I had VIA VT1708S onboard (ASUS M4A78LT-M OEM motherboard), but that thing is a noisey peice of crap.

Both have no lowpass filter, I'm not sure about highpass filters though (I'm sure VIA has it though, because of the lack of DC Offset, I haven't played around with the ASUS Phoebus as much, just be sure you set it to 192 KHz at 24-bit with Hi-Fi mode on and use line-out for Stereo Tool - disables all processing, seems everything is there when done that way, also don't use any Windows enhancements (disable them) or the Dolby processor.).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:10 pm 

I know that one Realtek card is also really good (just don't know the type). Just an on-board chip but some motherboards don't have a HPF built-in which also makes it DC coupled.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:24 pm 

Quote:
I know that one Realtek card is also really good (just don't know the type). Just an on-board chip but some motherboards don't have a HPF built-in which also makes it DC coupled.
True to all that. Even my crappy Acer laptop can do a decent job in MPX encoding (it needs calibration, though). Look at the realtek alc thread, I've put some links there. As for Asus Xonar itself, well... I'd be very reserved in using one for the MPX. It's just not for that. The one I had back in the years had some strange equalization always turned on via driver and I couldn't disable it no matter what I did.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:33 pm 

And btw these are some of the best codecs (alc ones) that i found for that price. (very cheap , good DACs)

My radio station
http://amradio.ddns.net