All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
 Post subject: Re: Realtek ALC Support
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:56 pm 

Hi to all. I have the same dirty mpx with vb if i use ST and VB Hi-Fi for mpx. The trick is to set it up for 176.4Khz and 16bit mode. And it works perfectly for windows 7 . I want to test that on windows 10 so results on the next post.

My radio station
http://amradio.ddns.net

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:07 pm 

Quote:
Hi to all. I have the same dirty mpx with vb if i use ST and VB Hi-Fi for mpx. The trick is to set it up for 176.4Khz and 16bit mode. And it works perfectly for windows 7 . I want to test that on windows 10 so results on the next post.
Actually I've sent you a PM with kind request regarding that kind of testing ;) As far as my test system goes, I get clean MPX output for every ST samplerate but 44.1 (in seven). Even though at 48 kHz you can hear the artifacts perfectly, the MPX is also clean. This is for VB hi fi cable. It seems really strange. The best part is that actually the realtek ALC codecs are advertised as able to resample on-the-fly with excellent quality. That is not exactly the truth then (if you get serious artifacts doing so). At least in Windows 7. I didn't have an opportunity to test it with XP extensively enough.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:40 pm 

No in windows 10 the problem is fixed.

Pics

176,4Khz
https://www.dropbox.com/s/66habp6jzf5wr ... z.png?dl=0
192Khz
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7kshcapy3i2ai ... z.png?dl=0

My radio station

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:50 pm 

Quote:
It's good at 176.4 because something is working at 44.1.

Guys try to set all at same sample rate. Best is 48kHz. Player, Vcable (whatever it is) ST (even for FM), soundcard!.. etc
You are limited because Leif's RTA and MPX Tool are best with 48kHz, so all must be at exactly at same sample rate.
If you use winamp look my previous post how to set it always at 48. If any other player, you must find way to make it to always work at 48kHz.

Or use XP! xD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:54 pm 

Slawomir B. there are a lot of things that have changed from 7 to 10... Some of them are CPU core management and drivers. And the fact that i am getting 8 - 10 sec of boot time is insanely fast....

I am using an 128kb/s stream at 48Khz directly from stereo tool

AAA and the fact that realtek says "My re-samplers are great quality" doesn't mean that they are ....

( I will pm you soon.....)

THANK YOU ALL GUYS

My radio station

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:24 pm 

Quote:

Guys try to set all at same sample rate. Best is 48kHz. Player, Vcable (whatever it is) ST (even for FM), soundcard!.. etc
You are limited because Leif's RTA and MPX Tool are best with 48kHz, so all must be at exactly at same sample rate.
If you use winamp look my previous post how to set it always at 48. If any other player, you must find way to make it to always work at 48kHz.

Or use XP! xD
It makes a lot of sense, but I get trouble doing so without artifacts mentioned. My ALC just doesn't seem to like 48 kHz. Maybe I'll try this trick on another machine.

EDIT: @ mpex2006km - good to know MS got something fixed finally. Too bad I bought 8.1 already :/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:29 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

Or use XP! xD
you mentioned something like "Input module decoder tuned to 48kHz". To the best of my knowledge module decoder has nothing to do with mpeg. It's a decoder for *.mod file format.

EDIT: Indeed module decoder has nothing to do with that :P

If you're messing around with samplerate in VB - REMEMBER TO REBOOT ;)

Also I confirm that Bojcha's way works perfectly, but with VAC and not VB. Therefore If you want to avoid problem with samplerate conversion, the VAC is better choice.
So: set everything to 48 kHz following Bojcha's instructions (earlier in this thread, if using Winamp, set out to directsound). Remember to set 48 kHz literally everywhere (playback and record in soundcard settings - don't forget that).

When you want to check FM settings and pass signal to MPX tool you need another VAC, which you set to 192 kHz 16 bit (and set cable format).

Regards,
SB

Last edited by Slawomir B. on Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:52 pm 

Hmm.... am I missing something? Does anyone get something like this in demod?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:28 pm 

Can't remember is that "it" and does it look like that... (will check)
http://www.forumclaessonedwards.com/for ... 855.0.html

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:27 pm 

Ahaaaa! That's why I sometimes see it and sometimes not :D It's demodulated RDS that penetrates into audio spectrum. Somehow I missed that one on claessonedwards forum. Thanks!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next