All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:16 pm 

Hello,
Stereo Tool is a very nice tool to enhance the overall sound quality of any audio
I have a problem, and i didn't seen documented.
I have a online stream with winamp and shoutcast.
I set up shoutcast dsp+stereo tool with the dsp stacker as seen on help page of stereo tool:

http://help.stereotool.com/using_multip ... gins.shtml

If i disable stereo tool the stream works fine, but when i enable stereo tool the stream becomes somehow delayed, and after exactly 113minutes the shoutcast server needs to buffer, and from then every like 7-10 minutes the stream pauses some seconds to buffer.

I don't have internet speed, or stability problems.
I repeat if i disable stereo tool everything is fine.
I believe, that somehow the stereo tool makes a little delay in the time that is required to process the sound,and somehow the shoutcast dsp plugin transmit to the server X minus the stereo tool delay DATA.

I hope i was clear enough, and if someone done this setup with dsp stakcer,stereo tool and shoutcast dsp can he see if the same delay exists(listen your own stream and after 113 minutes buffer)

(my shoutcast server has 30 sec buffer(default))

Thank You

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:40 pm 

Tested this Stacker http://www.eladodolgok.com/winamp%5Fplu ... iple16.exe with latest winamp and latest Shoutcast DSP plugin (v2.2.3)..
I did not found any problem!

It might be better idea to use Standalone ST and Standalone EdCast with VAC.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:43 am 
Site Admin

How big is the delay? Stereo Tool causes a delay of - at highest quality settings - about 93 ms. But this buffering issue might instead indicate a CPU load issue - could you check your CPU load? If it's too high, turn some filter(s) off in Stereo Tool or (slightly) lower the Quality slider in the main window.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:16 am 

Not a processor issue, i have 2gb ram and core2duo at 3ghz, the processor is at 20% ... at highest.

I figured it out.
I tried to feed from line in, through winamp and then stereo tool.
I wanted to use shoutcast DSP because the latest version has new aac+ encoder that i like very much, and i seen it work on android and iphone too.
If i set shoutcast dsp to linein then stereo tool has no effect,so i used a plugin named "inline" that makes an entry in the playlist and you can click on it like it were a file.
My delay was from this plugin actually.

Why do i used it ? .... and not as others suggest VAC, because i want a free solution and VAC is not free and i didn't fount other alternative.

Thank you for replays

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:50 am 

If you are using Winamp to do your streaming I would recommend the latest Edcast instead of the Shoutcast DSP. It offers a lot more options/configuration than Shoutcast DSP. I use it and use the latest AAC+/HE-AAC, and it allows sound direct from winamp output. So, you bypass your soundcard all together.

Edcast download -
http://code.google.com/p/edcast-reborn/

I also use the latest sqrsoft crossfader plugin for winamp. It allows you to load another DSP inside of it. The crossfader becomes your out put. You set Stereo Tool as the main DSP in winamp config, then you load Edcast/or Shoutcast DSP inside the crossfader. The makes it so its all digital throughput. No soundcard really even needed. Not sure if that helps, but its what makes my stream of different types of music sound amazing. :)

Sqrsoft Crossfader plugin -
http://www.sqrsoft.com.ar/index.php?sho ... tem_id=acf

-n4-

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:17 am 

Quote:
Why do i used it ? .... and not as others suggest VAC, because i want a free solution and VAC is not free and i didn't fount other alternative.
So, you are also using StereoTool free edition ?