All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: Multi-channel audio.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:35 am 

It seems Virtual Audio cable only uses two channels for me. It says so right in the virtual audio device it creates (although maybe it's only set that way by default or that functionality is disabled to trial users). Also, a HUGE problem with Virtual Audio Cable is that I either get no sound at all or a nasty feedback loop. Not sure what's wrong there. I've tried various combinations of settings for input and output but nothing works. On top of that, the software outputs the word "trial" every minute so that's REALLY aggravating for a trial user. Breakaway Live only has a commercial once an hour which is far more tolerable.

Anyway, thanks for answering my question. Doesn't sound like there's a solution to what I wanted. For music listening, there is breakaway live which I've obviously found to be far easier to set up, more friendly to trial users, and "works". Only drawback is that it too is 2 channels only.

Edit: Good news for me. Because my sound card visualizes surround on two channels, this carries over to the stereo output of Breakaway Live perfectly so I still have surround technically.

Post subject: Re: Multi-channel audio.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:27 pm 

Quote:
[...]
Also, it will process each channel exactly the same - it's (at least for now) unaware of [...] the fact that channels in the back "sound" softer (that would be relevant for the multiband compressor with channel separation below 100%).
Just to make sure: The surround channels need to be increased by 1.5dB before ST to have them correct, right?