All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:10 pm 

I have been using ST for many years now. I collect music and have over 6TB's of all genres, but mostly rock from mid-60's to Present, including 1.5 TB of Grateful Dead gigs (have about 1/2 of every gig they ever played). Especially Dead audio, ST is required. But also any music sold commercially on CD media or as any digital audio format (Inc loss less: shn, oog, flac, etc), they ALL have something wrong with the final product and ST really helps to alleviate tape hiss, poor and inferior sound mixing by the engineers, poor conversion to the retail media (CD OR digital audio files), or just stupid idiots that don't know how to do it right in the first place! ST has become a part of my life and there is no way in hell that I could ever live without it.

Thanks guys for the continuing and progressive job and effort you have put into this GREAT MANDATORY audio plugin to Win Amp. KEEP UP THE GREAT JOB!!

FallbrookForrest
SoCAL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:55 pm 

I've had practically the same experience using Stereo Tool. It's great at compensating for something that may be missing from the original mix or just enhancing what is already there. It's like an all-purpose DSP that can work on any genre given the right settings. I even took it a step further and used Breakaway Live! to allow it to hook into the Windows Audio system so I now I have it active on Youtube videos, games, any practically anything that uses sound.

On that note, it's hard to go back once you've gotten used to the effect. For example, when I play music on my iPhone which would have no audio processing, the songs sound on the empty side rather than "fully alive".