All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:56 am 

Hi guys, I use Stereo Tool only to listen my mp3 collection, and I just want to share how I use it,

Here is my system:
* WinXP Pro
* OnBoard Realtek High Definition Audio Card (I think it's Azalia - not sure)
* a low end Edifier C2 Speaker (2.1) http://www.exxitjardin.com.ar/Pics_Prod/c2.jpg

For me, Edifier C2 can give me a detailed sound but it's just lack of a decent bass kick, maybe it needs better soundcard to be able to perform with its full capability but I am not changing my spec so I've been experimenting with softwares.

Had been using Winamp with MAD input Plugin + Stereo Tool + many other plugins, it sounds good, quiet happy with it but I just found that Stereo Tool can also be applied on Windows Media Player and surprisingly it sounds better than Winamp on my system.

Well, Windows Media Player doesn't support Stereo Tool natively but it can be done via the ffdshow audio configuration which I got it from installing K-Lite Coded Pack.

Here is the screenshot of my configuration:

http://senewen.comze.com/stereo_tool_wmp.png

Thank you for making Stereo Tool available :) Stereo Tool pwns, hehe :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:33 am 
Site Admin

Welcome senewen,

I have actually been trying to build a native Windows Media Player plugin version of Stereo Tool, but it works on some systems and not on others. The WMP plugin interface is quite crappy.... So I'm glad that this works.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:22 am 

You're right about WMP, I am not a techie guy but even as a novice user I don't find wmp natively delivering a good sound quality.

as you can see on my screenshot, the only enabled native wmp plugin is the Plus! Speaker Enhancement, it tunnels the low freq (bass) in a correct way but I still get a noisy out-of-control humming bass while I want the kick, tried the built in wmp EQ + that SRS but they're just fail :(

Then I tried to plug Stereo Tool via the DirectSound Conf and it's just redefining everything, it's like having separate channels available for editing, with some tweaks I managed to get the bass kick that I want without sacrificing the detail of the other freqs.

Stereo Tool works GREAT! and if you manage to get around the crappy wmp API, I would love to test the wmp stereo tool.

Time to test it on linux now, hmm...does it work on ubuntu?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:07 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Time to test it on linux now, hmm...does it work on ubuntu?
It does here :-)