All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:05 am 

I love the this new stereo tool plug-in. I would like to know how best to go about recording my enhanced stereo mixes?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:39 pm 

HI, Sherwin

Can you be more specific about your question?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:54 am 
Site Admin

- Am I understanding correctly that you want to process songs, and stored the processed version of the songs (for example for playback on an MP3-player or something? Or do you create music yourself that you want to process before releasing it?)
- Are you using Winamp, AIMP, MediaMonkey, SAM, RadioBoss, a VST application, stand alone version, ...?

Assuming that I did understand your question correctly, and assuming that you're using Winamp:
- If you want to process audio with no quality loss (for example if you're recording music and want to process it before releasing it): Use the Winamp Disk Output plugin (go to Options -> Preferences -> Plug-ins -> Output, then select Nullsoft Disk Writer; press Configure to select the output directory). The processed audio will be written to a .WAV file.
- If you want to create MP3s (for example for an MP3-player where you cannot run Stereo Tool): Get an MP3 output plugin for winamp (for example Lame MP3 Writer), then you can immediately re-code the output to MP3 format. This will cause some quality loss; make sure to set the bitrate high enough.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:20 am 

Sorry for my long delay after my very first post on this board. My life has been pretty busy.

What I was basically asking is this, Is there is any sensible way of "re-recording" music, and have the new file capture all of the stereo tool enhancements, and basically have it sound just like it sounds when playing the original song straight through Winamp & the Stereo Tool plug-in itself. And yet also not lose any of the original audio quality, or at least not to any noticeable degree.

I would like to take stereo tool's enhancing qualities with me, such as in my iPod, or in the car, or in a boat or in a jar.... why I'd like to take it anywhere, I TELL YOU, SAM I AM!

Thanks for any educational tips or insights.

Peace :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:56 am 
Site Admin

Then you should probably use the MP3 output plugin that I mentioned before. WAV output probably won't work on iPods etc, and it will take up far too much memory.

So:
- Install LAME MP3 output plugin
- Select that plugin
- Configure it (select proper output path, and a HIGH bitrate!)
- Play your tracks. You won't hear anything, but the processed output will be written to new MP3 files.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:17 am 

Awesome! Thank you for your quick response and for clarifying that for me.

I am kind of a beginner when it comes to these kinds of things. Though I'm very passionate about music and sound quality. So I will probably be posting more comments & questions here in the future. So far I've just been fiddling around with different controls and settings, but I am still pretty clueless about what exactly does what, or why. But it sure sounds lovely, and I have a "quad core" system with a fairly good on-board sound card.

Did you help design the actual program itself?

Thanks once again :)