All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:21 am 

I'm mainly using Stereo Tool for broadcast purposes but I'm sure I'm not the only one that uses Stereo Tool or Perfect Declipper to listen to mainstream music!

I'm a big fan of Green Day but they are known to have horrible mastered songs. They released a new album and it's just horrible to listen, it's not getting better sadly. Some may argue that rock needs to be loud but the digital distortion is clearly audible (even on low-end equipment) and awful to listen.

I just made a simple preset with the bare minimum just to "de-master" it without "processing" it and it's just much better. So thanks!

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 11.57.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 11.57.10 PM.png [ 84.63 KiB | Viewed 12314 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:44 am 

I'm doing something similar on Loudness-war casualties. Very nice. I hope this makes Hans rich!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:08 pm 

Quote:
I'm mainly using Stereo Tool for broadcast purposes but I'm sure I'm not the only one that uses Stereo Tool or Perfect Declipper to listen to mainstream music!

I'm a big fan of Green Day but they are known to have horrible mastered songs. They released a new album and it's just horrible to listen, it's not getting better sadly. Some may argue that rock needs to be loud but the digital distortion is clearly audible (even on low-end equipment) and awful to listen.

Do perhaps have a declipper preset?

I just made a simple preset with the bare minimum just to "de-master" it without "processing" it and it's just much better. So thanks!