All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:14 pm 

Is it possible for the μMPX Decoder to output to a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (gen 1) USB interface? I've wanted to experiment with μMPX and I have an old 2i2 lying around, but neither my Raspberry Pi 4 (running MicroMPX Decoder 32 bit) nor a Windows 10 PC (running MicroMPX encoder/decoder 3.0.2) would recognize the Scarlett 2i2 as an output device. (It sounds like the HifiBerry DAC+ Pro is the way to go for RspPi, but wanted to rule out the Scarlett before buying one.)

Also, I had no problem sending the μMPX feed from ST v. 9.50 to the Windows decoder, but couldn't get the RasPi stream to connect. Are there any additional steps or any specific settings required for the Pi version of the decoder to connect with the μMPX stream?

Thank you for your help!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:29 am 

Quote:
Is it possible for the μMPX Decoder to output to a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (gen 1) USB interface? I've wanted to experiment with μMPX and I have an old 2i2 lying around, but neither my Raspberry Pi 4 (running MicroMPX Decoder 32 bit) nor a Windows 10 PC (running MicroMPX encoder/decoder 3.0.2) would recognize the Scarlett 2i2 as an output device. (It sounds like the HifiBerry DAC+ Pro is the way to go for RspPi, but wanted to rule out the Scarlett before buying one.)
As long as it supports 192kHz output it should work, actually. And it should be recognized by Windows of course. I'm not sure if it should work on a pi, I haven't tested a USB device on a pi myself. If there's a linux driver available and you can get it to play other audio and it supports 192kHz, it should work...
Quote:
Also, I had no problem sending the μMPX feed from ST v. 9.50 to the Windows decoder, but couldn't get the RasPi stream to connect. Are there any additional steps or any specific settings required for the Pi version of the decoder to connect with the μMPX stream?
No... make sure you've got the right IP address and that there's no firewall active (it isn't in standard Raspbian OS).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:13 pm 

Thanks! So it turns out I'm dumb: While the 2nd and 3rd generation Focusrite Scarlett 2i2's support 192kHz sample rates, my old 1st gen model only supports up to 96kHz. Lesson learned? Know what gear you own. :-)