All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 11:57 am 

Hi!

I have read on this forum that when ignore highs is being used calibration doesn't work. However I've seen a strange behavior here.

Just to get it out of the way my setup is digital card to output mpx + mpxtool + pira analyser.

I just want to know which calibration does not work when ignore highs is enabled. are we talking about extreme calibration or fm tilt correction? these are 2 types of calibration but i've found out through my analyzer that ONLY tilt calibration continues to work when ignore highs is enabled (you have to set to auto the upper frequency cutoff elseways it doesn't work).

Am i correct on this one?

I want to use ignore highs because i read here that there's some bug in ST when you dont use it, it doesn't sound good but i also need calibration so i don't know what to trust here.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 5:10 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, the tilt calibration always works. The other two (highs calibration and the one with a page full of sliders) both don't work if you enable "Ignore highs".

For digital output, you should *never* need any calibration. There's no bug that requires calibration; you only need it to compensate for problems in analog chains (sound card issues and transmitter issues).

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 5:36 pm 

Quote:
Hi, the tilt calibration always works. The other two (highs calibration and the one with a page full of sliders) both don't work if you enable "Ignore highs".

For digital output, you should *never* need any calibration. There's no bug that requires calibration; you only need it to compensate for problems in analog chains (sound card issues and transmitter issues).
Thanks Hans.