All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 4:57 pm 

Further testing shows that the pc's running the decoder require a reboot every time the decoder is exited. Not just the browser interface, but the whole decoder. This happens on all 4 of the pc's that I tested with.

3 intel I5's and 1 AMD.
All Win 10 PRO.
All using the same versions of software Stereotool 9.92 microMPX version 4 and sterotool microMPX 4.1.5

It seems like something is hanging in memory and causes a conflict.

I seem to think I read somewhere that Windows 7 was th preferred Windows OS because of some driver issue but, I can't find it again.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 8:26 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Further testing shows that the pc's running the decoder require a reboot every time the decoder is exited. Not just the browser interface, but the whole decoder. This happens on all 4 of the pc's that I tested with.

3 intel I5's and 1 AMD.
All Win 10 PRO.
All using the same versions of software Stereotool 9.92 microMPX version 4 and sterotool microMPX 4.1.5

It seems like something is hanging in memory and causes a conflict.

I seem to think I read somewhere that Windows 7 was th preferred Windows OS because of some driver issue but, I can't find it again.
Are you using Asio4All? There is a hangup in the closing behavior if Asio4All is installed - I didn't think it would affect other installs though, and you're the first to mention this. I'll have a look at this tomorrow, see if I can add a workaround for it.

Workaround for now: You can kill the MicroMPX process in Task Manager, if it doesn't close. Let me know if that helps, normally you should be able to start new MicroMPX instances even if this Asio4All thing is hanging.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 9:03 pm 

That worked.

Killing MicroMPX from the task manager and not from the task bar by right clicking on the icon and choosing 'exit'.

When I end MicroMPX using the icon on the taskbar it's gone in task manager, but the results are different.

Thanks for looking at this. I don't have the tools to look at this level in the OS.

I tried using asio4all to test if that had an impact, but it just crashed my pc so I uninstalled it.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 9:28 pm 

I've got to correct that.

If I use the icon to 'exit' and go to task manager after a few seconds (30) the task is there and if I end it MicroMPX starts right up and worls fine.

I just tested it again waiting several minutes. MicroMPX was still listed in task manager several minutes after I 'exited' by using the icon.

When killed in task manager It came right up on the next execution.

I looked at 'details' in task manager and I could see that the uac virtualization was disabled. I thought it might be a rights issue so I ran it as administrator, but I had the same failed results.

Thanks again for looking into this.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 5:28 pm 
Site Admin

It should be fixed in the latest beta build. See viewtopic.php?f=14&t=33391 ; let me know if it works now.

Something in the software was waiting for something to happen, and that stopped it from exiting.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 10:08 pm 

I installed the MicroMPX decoder beta. It seems to behave as it should.

Thanks!

version 9.92 is superior to prior versions in every way I use. I use AM, FM, and WEB and all are stronger and have better fidelity. Thanks again!

version 10 beta is a really different look. I'll have to spend some time with it.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 6:29 pm 

Quote:
version 10 beta is a really different look. I'll have to spend some time with it.
TIP: To populate/expand all cells at once, click on the main section of the screen and press
Code:
 CTRL SHIFT + 
This helps one reach all controls without expanding each cell one by one. The key combo also works on the meter bar.

It also helps resemble the previous UI if using a smaller scale and compactness. I like 75% scale and 50% compactness.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 6:12 pm 

Thanks for your help!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:14 pm 

I downloaded ....77 and ....78 and they both failed with the same errors. couldn't see any MPX traffic from the LAN or the localhost and they didn't recognize the sound cards and give an erroneous report of using MME which I am not. Also they reported invaid number of channels.
....77 would start up without working and go away with no opportunity for configuration changes.
....78 will start but reorts the errors above.
....75 works perfectly for me.
I have installed an M-audio AIR 192 4 as a USB external sound card.

I am using ST 9.92 with MPX port 8854 on PC1 and ST 10.02 with MPX port 8830 on PC2 on localhost to achieve the results listed above.

....75 will allow me to select the prioritized port and maintain the connecion until I select a different prioritized port.

I certainly can live with what I have using ....75 but, I wanted to give you some feedback regarding the newer versions.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:04 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I downloaded ....77 and ....78 and they both failed with the same errors. couldn't see any MPX traffic from the LAN or the localhost and they didn't recognize the sound cards and give an erroneous report of using MME which I am not. Also they reported invaid number of channels.
....77 would start up without working and go away with no opportunity for configuration changes.
....78 will start but reorts the errors above.
....75 works perfectly for me.
I have installed an M-audio AIR 192 4 as a USB external sound card.

I am using ST 9.92 with MPX port 8854 on PC1 and ST 10.02 with MPX port 8830 on PC2 on localhost to achieve the results listed above.

....75 will allow me to select the prioritized port and maintain the connecion until I select a different prioritized port.

I certainly can live with what I have using ....75 but, I wanted to give you some feedback regarding the newer versions.
There was an audio issue in the 078 encoder, but that shouldn't have any impact on packets or sound cards. I've just posted 082, can you check if that version works? It does on my end, so if it doesn't something specific must be causing an issue on your system.