All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:57 am 

Hi all,

At the moment, the stereo pilot on FM tuners/radios lights up when there is content received at the input of ST. However, if/when the link is lost, the stereo light disappears meaning a mono signal is now received by the FM radio/tuner.

Is there somewhere within ST which continues to transmit the stereo pilot regardless of whether or not there is anything being received at the input?

It seems a little weird to me that the pilot is only sent to the TX when there is audio present at the input, even though the pilot is still being produced by ST.

Cheers,
Baldrick

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:29 am 
Site Admin

I'm assuming that you're using streaming input. The input drives the whole I/O layer, so if the stream drops out, all I/O stops working. We're planning to fix that in the new I/O layer (but haven't solved it yet).

If you want to avoid it, for now the best solution is to use an external program to receive the stream and then send it to Stereo Tool using something like Virtual Audio Cable or VB Cable.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:35 am 

Quote:
I'm assuming that you're using streaming input. The input drives the whole I/O layer, so if the stream drops out, all I/O stops working. We're planning to fix that in the new I/O layer (but haven't solved it yet).

If you want to avoid it, for now the best solution is to use an external program to receive the stream and then send it to Stereo Tool using something like Virtual Audio Cable or VB Cable.
Thanks Hans. Much appreciated.