All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:56 am 

Hi there,

After some time using ST in normal output mode (through the inbuilt stereo coder in out TX), I decided to go the MPX route instead. I'm really happy i did, however I have an issue that's not helping in the high-end department. It's operating using the FM output mode now. I have RDS and the sound is almost right.

I can tick the pre-emp output box, but it remains grey (not green as expected), with no sound difference.

How do I enable the "pre-emp output" please?

I'm using it on a dedicated Win10 box, using stand alone ST 9.83.

I can't seem to make ST play nice with ASIO either, it's currently working off the current PC sound card drivers. I don't know whether these two issues are related.

Hoping some can help.

Baldrick.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:24 am 

If you use 'Encode stereo' (pilot) and/or RDS, you don't need that Pre-Emhasize.
Don't know what Asio card and onput config, and what problem is but, for ASIO you probably need to route some audio properly from input and output.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:26 am 

Quote:
If you use 'Encode stereo' (pilot) and/or RDS, you don't need that Pre-Emhasize.
Don't know what Asio card and onput config, and what problem is but, for ASIO you probably need to route some audio properly from input and output.
That explains things. Thanks Bojcha, I'll tackle the ASIO issue when I'm over Omicron.