All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:35 pm 

Hi,
I'm running uMPX in a setup where it is connected via 4G. I'm running into the problem that 9 out of 10 times when I try to load the webinterface I can't get access. The following error pops up in the browser (Edge).
"Failed to retrieve interface description. Cannot load interface."
When I connect the unit to a standard WAN connection everything works fine.
Is anyone familiar with this issue?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:15 pm 

Quote:
Hi,
I'm running uMPX in a setup where it is connected via 4G. I'm running into the problem that 9 out of 10 times when I try to load the webinterface I can't get access. The following error pops up in the browser (Edge).
"Failed to retrieve interface description. Cannot load interface."
When I connect the unit to a standard WAN connection everything works fine.
Is anyone familiar with this issue?
possibly the result of CGNAT ?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrier-grade_NAT

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:16 am 

I don't think it has anything to do with that. The decoder is off course connected over VPN. I have SSH access to it. The web interface also starts loading, but when the pink screen appears with the 'Just a few seconds' message, the browser comes with the notification.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:24 pm 
Site Admin

I just looked in the code and it looks like there's a 6 second timeout on that file. Which isn't necessarily a good idea. On the other hand, the file is only 11 kB. Can you confirm that it takes about 6 seconds before this message appears?

I'll double it to 12 seconds regardless, 6 seems short.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:14 pm 

Hi Hans, thanks for your reply. Yes the timeout takes about 6 seconds to occur. Interesting that it is only 11kB. The data plan does not include a limitation and the signal strength is plenty, the decoder runs without any hickups or anything, but as i cannot check the interface its not possible to check the log.
If you have a version available with a 12 seconds timeout I'm happy to try it out.
Regards, Klaas-Jan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:20 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hi Hans, thanks for your reply. Yes the timeout takes about 6 seconds to occur. Interesting that it is only 11kB. The data plan does not include a limitation and the signal strength is plenty, the decoder runs without any hickups or anything, but as i cannot check the interface its not possible to check the log.
If you have a version available with a 12 seconds timeout I'm happy to try it out.
Regards, Klaas-Jan
Hi, sorry for not responding sooner - the released version has the 12 seconds timeout. So you can just get that version instead. If you still run into the same issue, now with 12 seconds delay, let me know - I can increase it further.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:16 pm 

Hans, thanks for the fix! Just tried the newest release (4.1.0) on two Pi's, both seem to open up the web interface smoothly now. It still takes a while but I do not longer get a complaint by the browser and can access the interface without further trouble.