All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:01 pm 

Hello there is a forecast to insert the umpx decoder in the Tilt calibration in the FM output, calibration by equal frequency in the StereoTool FM output?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:40 am 
Site Admin

Hi, that's there (tilt and highs rolloff). Or do you mean the one with dozens of sliders? That should only be needed with completely broken sound cards or transmitters...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:58 pm 

I support this request. I have problems in a transmitter that I compensate with these controls.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:55 pm 

Quote:
Hi, that's there (tilt and highs rolloff). Or do you mean the one with dozens of sliders? That should only be needed with completely broken sound cards or transmitters...
Hello Hanz, I know that with a good quality transmitter, just the tilt is enough, but I have an analog link that is not so good there, the frequency calibration that you have on the Stereo Tool at the fm output, I can help you perfect, it would be interesting!
Now with Juli @ xte on the good quality transmitter you don’t even need to adjust it only if you want it to be perfect tilt and with that it would have more volume without generating spikes, but it’s just a doubt if you think about putting the frequency calibration on the umpx decoder, I think it would be very interesting!

https://ibb.co/tht6ZvQ

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:44 pm 

We need classic PEQ there.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:12 pm 

Quote:
We need classic PEQ there.
Sorry but I didn't understand an equalizer (high, medium and low?) On the spot?

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 3:14 pm 

Hans,

If you just took in account the European / US reality in term of equipment and TX sites, you really dont need it.

With ST you made a lot of assumptions/insights/requests from people that mainly not inserted on that reality. The broadcasters had a hard time trying to accept / adopt ST on those European/US facilities.

WE have a lot of small stations here in Brazil that use ST and would like to have those PEQ on uMPX to compensate for BRAZILIAN TX and poor audio cards as well. If you feel it would be a great thing, ofc. Importing hardware and paying stuff in US$ is a difficult task in these times. Some friends bought PTN from Telos and installed at the studio. They cannot import a MPX node, i.e.

So yes, I can understand this request from our friends. Take care friends!

Quessada

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:41 pm 

hvz, he adjustments you have on the ST, on the output calibration that goes from 20hz to 60khz, even the ideal tx for the sound cards if you want to leave it at the modulation limit, it would be great to have this feature in the micrompx decoder, the tilt is important but adjust especially at lower frequencies to leave it at the limit would be very good

Would Hanz have any predictions about the implementation of this output calibration adjustment feature that I mentioned earlier in the micrompx decoder? :)

https://ibb.co/5hGsgrY

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:02 pm 

As i said, both ST and RX side of uMPX need proper PEQ for that. This one in ST is also bad.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:41 pm 

I agree Bojcha, but the big question will be that Hanz implements this in the next update? :D