All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:19 am 

It adds sweeping tones every few hours to prevent professional use. It does not cripple the stream as indeed that would make no sense in a trial. Have you enabled error correction and what values have you set it to?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:11 pm 

Enable error correction, this is exactly what it's for. You should definitely not disable the rate limiter. This will likely make things worse. Ping is ICMP and µMPX traffic is UDP, so a succeeding ping does not mean your connection is stable enough to pass a UDP stream without packet loss. Error correction sends extra data to enable the decoder to recover missing packets. This is usually not needed on a stable local network, but is definitely needed when streaming over the internet.
The decoder may also drop out if there's not enough CPU power available. 80% is pretty high. However I suggest trying error correction first. Try setting span to 64 and overhead to 16 for a start.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 6:43 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,

1. I think that MicroMPX disables it right now. (It shouldn't but in the beginning it didn't support it properly, I guess I never enabled it again).

2. You can follow this video which was made for Stereo Tool, I guess the Breakaway method will work as well though: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... +5+minutes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:27 am 

As for the CPU load: which software version are you running?
Dropouts: use µMPX codec version 3 and adjust your error correction settings. Check the decoder error display to see what kind of dropouts you get. With your current settings you're sending only 4 extra packets for every 128 "normal" packets (roughly 1.4 seconds). This means the delay setting in the decoder has to be *at least* 1.4 seconds in order for error correction to do anything useful. Make sure this is the case or lower the delay number (the 128). If you would set it to 64/4 you would already be sending twice as many recovery packets as you do now. Or increase the overhead number (your current 4).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:36 am 

The settings that will work best for you really depend on the kind of dropouts you get. The error display in the upper right corner shows more details about the dropouts, including the amount of packets that actually went missing or came in too late.
µMPX sends roughly 94 packets per second, so by sending correction packets every 64 "normal" packets you would need at least 64/94 = 0.68 seconds of delay. That's the theoretical minimum assuming infinite CPU speed at the decoder end. In practice I would guess your 1 second should be enough unless you're running a very slow device.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:52 am 

Do you get dropouts with Chrome minimised? What is the CPU load of your encoder pc?

I'd suggest opening the web interface on another machine anyways so that you're not getting in the way of µMPX.