All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Sound Card Frustration
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:23 pm 

Just getting more difficult to get a Marian Trace Alpha and even the Esi Juli in the U<S>. Tired of getting jerked around waiting for a back order.Any alternate solutions would be appreciated.Emu usb,possibly.I really prefer a pci or pcie card,though.the Digigram vx222 HR does 192 but it's $ 522.00. darn nice card.Not sure if its dc coupled or not.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:30 pm 
Site Admin

I know that one Realtek card is also really good (just don't know the type). Just an on-board chip but some motherboards don't have a HPF built-in which also makes it DC coupled.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:30 pm 

According to analog audio performances, Frequency response in user manual, lower trusted frequency is 20 Hz.

Analog outputs are protected against DC effects.
As consequence, card is not electrically DC coupled.
Audio outputs fully cover requirements of expert human ears.
Data acquisition with cards under 20 Hz can be considered and requires specific tests.

Got this response from Digigram on their VX222 HR (192) card,which is $522.00 US. It has xlr's..

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:36 pm 

Has Marian refused to sell a Trace Alpha directly to you? If so, we have a big problem. When I ordered from Europe, it went smoothly (2-3 years ago). If you do order, buy several as the shipping cost is spread across more of them and gets almost reasonable.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:39 pm 

It is irritating that Marian apparently does not have a USA distributor. And sorry, Bob, I don't need to order but one. Seems like Stereo Tool would offer them for sale as that seems to be the sound card of choice. I assume the Juli card's availability is no better??