All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: ESI Juli@ XTe
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:14 pm 

I have been trying to get Stereo Tool running with M-Audio 192 cards and can't get the buffers in ST to be reliable. I ran a demo of ST at a local Tech's Day and it was embarrassing as the buffers emptied and refilled. It was all so unreliable and sometimes restaring the card in ST solved the issue sometimes not. Starting it more than once usually helped. It wasn't a great promotion for ST unfortunately.

I've just ordered 2 ESI Juli@ XTe cards and I'm going to replace the M-Audio cards and hope the new cards solve the buffer issues.

I'm getting two as we want to test ST running the normal FM signal and 2 SCA signals with the MPX output.

I am guessing SCA 1 input is the Left of the second card and SCA 2 input is the Right of the same card?

We have a 1 Watt BW Exciter in the lab which we use for our testing into a dummy load with the analyser.

Hans, I hope some documentation is on its way soon. :-)

I'll report my luck with the new cards when they arrive.

Clipper

Post subject: Re: ESI Juli@ XTe
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:20 pm 

Quote:
Starting it more than once usually helped. It wasn't a great promotion for ST unfortunately.
You allowed that to happen! As usual you need to prepare stuff before you show them to someone.
Also, ST is last thing that can be problem. Before that, problem can be OS, 32bit or 64bit OS type, soundcard(s), soundcard drivers, CPU and/or memory, other installed software and hardware.. other settings.. etc..

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:00 pm 
Site Admin

My first guess would be that it's either a too high CPU load (although then restarting wouldn't help) or too small buffer size.

Did you use ASIO? And same sound card for input and output?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:24 pm 

I ordered a Juli@ card to see how it measures up to the gold standard Marian Trace Alpha. I was immediately greeted with delays and still haven't seen it. I hope you have a better buying experience than I have.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:40 pm 

@Bojcha,
Quote:
You allowed that to happen! As usual you need to prepare stuff before you show them to someone.
I had it working, but not reliably but thought it was just my lack of knowledge about the buffers and their settings. There was discussion about whether the Sample Rate should be set for Input Sample Rate or Output Sample Rate. So, if we have 48kHz signal coming from an Axia network should the sample rate be set to 48kHz or for the 192kHz which would be the MPX Output?

The PC is a new build with XP Pro 32 bit, cards were both M-Audio 192 and the CPU in the machine is i7 3970K. No CPU load problems at all.

The machine had been pulled down over the last few days by the IT guys and the issue is with the Motherboard. We'll have a new one to replace it tomorrow and will bring it up again to test further.

@Bob,
Quote:
I ordered a Juli@ card to see how it measures up to the gold standard Marian Trace Alpha. I was immediately greeted with delays and still haven't seen it. I hope you have a better buying experience than I have.
I will have both of them tomorrow. I got them from the local distributor as I haven't been able to source the Marian cards anywhere local and Marian won't sell them direct. Their site keeps telling me to go to a local distributor, which I can't seem to find in AU.

Clipper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:48 am 

Quote:
@Bojcha,
Quote:
I had it working, but not reliably but thought it was just my lack of knowledge about the buffers and their settings. There was discussion about whether the Sample Rate should be set for Input Sample Rate or Output Sample Rate. So, if we have 48kHz signal coming from an Axia network should the sample rate be set to 48kHz or for the 192kHz which would be the MPX Output?

The PC is a new build with XP Pro 32 bit, cards were both M-Audio 192 and the CPU in the machine is i7 3970K. No CPU load problems at all.

The machine had been pulled down over the last few days by the IT guys and the issue is with the Motherboard. We'll have a new one to replace it tomorrow and will bring it up again to test further.

@Bob,
Quote:
I will have both of them tomorrow. I got them from the local distributor as I haven't been able to source the Marian cards anywhere local and Marian won't sell them direct. Their site keeps telling me to go to a local distributor, which I can't seem to find in AU.

Clipper
Where did you get a Juli@? I'm being given the runaround by Kelly's Computers...first my card was a week out, then the end of June & now "sometime in July". Who has these things sitting on the shelf in the USA & will ship them the same day as you order? After all this aggravation, if this card overshoots, the world is going to know about it!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:02 pm 

@Bob,
Quote:
Where did you get a Juli@? I'm being given the runaround by Kelly's Computers...first my card was a week out, then the end of June & now "sometime in July". Who has these things sitting on the shelf in the USA & will ship them the same day as you order? After all this aggravation, if this card overshoots, the world is going to know about it!
I am in Australia and the distributors here had the Juli@ XTe cards as ex-stock items.

Clipper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:32 pm 

Is this in US ? http://www.djdeals.com/esiJULI@XTE.htm#.UcrDQNhYXTo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:45 pm 

Quote:
Seems to be...I emailed them to see if they actually stock the card or not. Will let you know what I learn. Thanks for the lead Bojcha!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:32 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Seems to be...I emailed them to see if they actually stock the card or not. Will let you know what I learn. Thanks for the lead Bojcha!
Their response to the email was a form letter that said I asked a question that was answered in the FAQ's. Indeed, it says that if it doesn't say out of stock, it's in stock. I ordered and so far have not been given a tracking number and it has not arrived, but I did go for the free shipping so it may take a few days. Will advise if/when it arrives.