All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: Intermittent RDS
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:04 pm 

Hi people. I was using the stereo tool rds feature for a week and everything was perfect. Then one day stereo tool crashed out and started making really funny noises. I reloaded a preset and that sorted the sound problem.

However the RDS now only works on a few radios. Many cars won't decode the signal. I've tried adjusting the transmitter level and also turning up the rds level, but this still hasn't helped. RDS will now only work on about 50% of the radios I've tried.

Is there anything else I can check as it was working perfect till stereo tool crashed and made the funny noises?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Intermittent RDS
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:20 pm 

What soundcard?
Check is it really 176.4 or 192kHz!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:11 pm 
Site Admin

This sounds a bit like what I experienced when I was programming the RD encoder and bought a Creative X-Fi card to test it. It worked once... but never again after that. I returnedit to the store and bought an ELI Juli@ instead, and never had this issue again.

Assuming that the problem is in the sound card (driver), have you tried to reboot?? You are also the first to report these strange noises, so I'd like to rule out some things...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:07 pm 

Thanks for the quick replies gents.

The soundcard is a Sigmatel HD Audio sound card. The stereo image and seperation is fantastic and works really well. I'm guessing the audio device just isn't quite up to chucking out the 57k signal. Unfortunately haven't got time to test an fm tuner on an oscilloscope/spectrum analyser.

Thanks for the advice. I'm either going to buy a new system with an ALC onboard audio chip or buy a juli@.

Which external usb Julia@ sound card should I buy?

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:32 pm 

Max, until I ran into a legacy-PCI Juli@ on eBay -- you can believe I snapped it up with the quickness -- I was about to pull the trigger on this jewel:

http://yellowtec.com/index.php?id=puc2-lp

Anyone else tried it?