All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:06 pm 

How can you use Axia's asio and julia's asio? That's not possible, since one 'asio' at time can be used!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:28 pm 

Quote:
How can you use Axia's asio and julia's asio? That's not possible, since one 'asio' at time can be used!
Yes sorry, you are of course correct. It would have to have been just the ASIO Julia output - as that's the only card interface within ST where you can select just one (ASIO) output channel for MPX.

Using the Axia driver directly as the input to ST, and then selecting just a single ASIO Julia channel in ST as the MPX output, what is it that prevents setting up a 2nd ST instance in the same way but selecting in ST the Julia cards other ASIO output channel? Is this just because the Julia ASIO driver does not have a 'multiclient' driver like the Alpha? Or is this a limitation of ASIO that would apply to an Alpha as well?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:43 am 

In that way then you can't do it with juli@..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:58 am 

Quote:
In that way then you can't do it with juli@..
thanks Bojcha. I'll be interested to hear back on your multiple instance check on your work pc with Alpha via ASIO then. If the Alpha can do it with ASIO, I'll bring forward the purchase of the Alpha card and do 2 ST instances on the one Alpha card. Much neater routing solution, and on the card with no output tilt - it's the way to go. As long as the drivers hold up (or improved ones are released by Marian) given your experience! Cheers AJ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:30 am 

Quote:
Ah ok.. i once tryed AxiaIP driver.. :)

Try to use "DirectWire" from Juli@'s mixer for input 1 (livewire1), like this..
http://i.imgur.com/wJRO1.png

For second input (liwewire 2) you need to use repeater (livewire source 2 to Julia 3/4), then 'DirectWire' MME 3/4 out to 3/4 Asio IN..

so, ST1 will use 1/2 for input and ST2 will use 3/4 for input..

For repeater use this http://www.ceaudio.com/beta/AudioResampler.zip
It's very stable and yuo can adjust it to auto start with system.

Bojcha,

If I understand the above routing correctly (?), your idea is that both ST instances will run in Asio mode selecting the Julia as the input source. This won't work, as the first ST instance locks ASIO access to the Julia card, so the 2nd ST instance cant access the Julia card.

Also I've just discovered that only one Julia card is supported by the Julia driver in a pc. So using two Julia cards is not an option. Any ideas. I'm having difficulty getting a Julia and M-Audio AP192 working together in a Win7-64 pc.

How did you go with 2 ST instances sharing a Marian Trace Alpha (with its multi-client driver)? I noticed Marian have just released a 64bit driver for the Trace 8, so perhaps the Alpha driver is not far away.

Cheers Aaron

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:17 pm 

Bojcha,

If you don't already know, you may be interested to know that Marian have just released a 64 bit driver for the Trace Alpha. Cheers.