All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:23 am 

Hello everyone,
I have had a hell of a time finding a comparable but better sound card instead of my Sound blaster Z with the stereo Beam Forming microphone which I love but it is so old 10-13 years and looking or a upgrade sound card that has the stereo beam forming microphone so i do not have to wear headphones gaming. I have been googling the heck out of everything and i cannot seem to find one.
If anyone can direct me or know of a comparable but better sound card solutions "It can even be a external DAC but must have the Beam forming Mic options so i can have my speakers on loud but my friends will not hear it"
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:15 pm 

Looking it up, the Soundblaster Z mic is universal and can be used on any DAC with a mic input (or a headset output with a 3.5mm mic splitter cable).

If you want one with good mic processing, I like the dongle that goes with the Logitech Pro-X headset they sell as a replacement. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CSXRM6P It works with any mic; but sadly, Stereo Tool will not see it. But the benefit is you can use Logitech's GHUB software which contains BLUE VOICE, which is a good microphone processor.

I don't have a better DAC/ADC recommendation for one that works with Stereo Tool. I use cheapo USB-C DACs with headset ports and a mic splitting cable if I need to use Stereo Tool with the mic and I don't have my interface available.

Internal soundcards haven't been anything I've been interested in since my first Soundblaster Audigy NX showed me how clean external soundcards sound by comparison, so I definitely don't have a recommendation for one.

edit: 2D Surround emulation (7.1 to headphone) is bad. Don't be fooled by a product containing it: it's not a feature. Buy Dolby Access on Windows instead. It unlocks Dolby Atmos for Headphones, which is true 3D surround (has height data) and works on any DAC or headphones. This is the only factor in gaming performance you need to pay attention to for the playback end. It also works on Xbox if you enable it, and isn't necessary on PS5 since it has the Tempest engine.