All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 8:06 pm 

Hmmm.. then idk what going on. Maybe something you install on same PC makes problems..

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 12:35 am 

Quote:
Hmmm.. then idk what going on. Maybe something you install on same PC makes problems..
There’s nothing more on the pc running ST for FM beside AnyDesk, browser, juli@ driver + ST.

So good news it seems that I managed to get it to work again:

On the pc that’s running ST for fm processing I reverted back to windows version 1909 + I reverted back to older esi drivers (1.2.1) and it works fine for the last 2 hours. I don’t know if that really fixed the problem but I will find out in the next days.

Off topic but does anyone have a good way to block windows updates for good?

Ps: if I use direct wire from esi driver to route audio it seems that the problem appears again when I run the latest version of the drivers + windows. So I am 99% sure that ESI’s drivers need some tweaking to work again well. Until then I will stay at an older windows version.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 2:18 pm 

Winaero Tweaker is nice. (free)

Among other things you'll see in it, disable windows update AND windows driver update.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 8:51 am 

thanks bojcha!.

So i have bad news unfortunately. The problem still occurs. Today ST started a crackling sound that would not stop until i closed ST and reopened again. It sounded exactly like setting wrong/different sample rate on windows and ST.

I just restarted stereo tool (not windows) and audio came back to life like normal. Oh and same thing happens when i try to use build-in stereo tool streaming engine for my stream, so i left that turned off and i am using "broadcast using this tool" for streaming without any processing at the moment :cry:

Also some times the audio stops completely and the soundcard re-opens at stereo tool...

I believe that if this problem was due to windows it would disappear while using ASIO (which i am using). I am gonna try to completely get rid of Juli@ and play for a while with pc's internal audio card (sucks but i got nothing else to try).

Are juli@ cards known to have a faulty capacitor/resistor/diode that i could check with my micro-soldering guy?

thanks!

edit: i think that this might be juli@'s problem as it is used for like 8 years and something might be broken on the board, however it worked fine yesterday for like 10-15 hours before problems started again(i haven't touched the computer, so this can't be something that i did). But how can 3 juli@'s be broken at the same time. All of them are used but what are the chances? As i said before i will try with the internal card and let you guys know. I am starting to believe that this was never windows's problem, it was always the juli@..

also can someone tell me how can i feed the FM ST processor audio via stream on the LAN( i already built the icecast server and currently streaming and working on LAN). Ι would like to only use the internal card for output not input to get rid of as much tilt as possible..

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 10:17 am 

can this https://support.telosalliance.com/artic ... windows-10 be the problem? how can i try to see if anything fixes it. But playing through ASIO shouldn't cause any problems

should i try with asio4all?

i also cant download the app to check the timer resolution from here https://vvvv.org/contribution/windows-system-timer-tool because the website is broken. if someone has a link to share this might help.

edit: i found this link only https://www.filecroco.com/download-timer-resolution/ but it might be an older version

Last edited by xristostsilis on Thu May 12, 2022 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 11:09 am 

https://imgur.com/a/hfr1b43 see current timer resolution

https://imgur.com/a/wJZ3PKp current asio settings.

edit:

I changed asio settings like this https://imgur.com/a/cp7qCSD and problem still occurs... on juli@ driver the block size is 256 by default.

https://imgur.com/a/29Mkx6g esi julia driver settings.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 12:00 pm 

- Idealy windows timer resolution should be round number, so not 0.499 or 0.999 but 0.5 and 1.000. But that is not causing those problems.
If you really want to play with that type those 3 commands in CMD as admin one by one. Reboot PC after,
bcdedit /set useplatformclock no
bcdedit /set useplatformtick yes
bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes
Even this sometimes works and sometimes not depending on windows10 version. It should make timer 0.500ms or 1.000ms and idle will be 15.625ms. I never found definitive solution.

- At work I have more then 10 Julia's all PCI, and every one of them works just fine in various PC's for years.
- Where i needed audio over IP, i settled on Voicemeeter Banana and on few places it's Receptor. I use it over LAN also over Wifi (5GHz). It's free and works just fine. I even asked for a protocol to be added in ST. Damn free. I even use it on my personal PC for audio routing.
- Do not try asio4all! More problems for nothing.

Did you set samplerates in windows? All fixed on one that you need?

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 12:25 pm 

Quote:
- Idealy windows timer resolution should be round number, so not 0.499 or 0.999 but 0.5 and 1.000. But that is not causing those problems.
If you really want to play with that type those 3 commands in CMD as admin one by one. Reboot PC after,
bcdedit /set useplatformclock no
bcdedit /set useplatformtick yes
bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes
Even this sometimes works and sometimes not depending on windows10 version. It should make timer 0.500ms or 1.000ms and idle will be 15.625ms. I never found definitive solution.

- At work I have more then 10 Julia's all PCI, and every one of them works just fine in various PC's for years.
- Where i needed audio over IP, i settled on Voicemeeter Banana and on few places it's Receptor. I use it over LAN also over Wifi (5GHz). It's free and works just fine. I even asked for a protocol to be added in ST. Damn free. I even use it on my personal PC for audio routing.
- Do not try asio4all! More problems for nothing.

Did you set samplerates in windows? All fixed on one that you need?
thanks again!

i have tested with a julia PCI on a DELL workstation pc with a xeon processor and problem still occured. Now i am using a second pc with an xte (DELL optiplex) and feeding it through the workstation pc from the pci version julia just the audio digitally. both pc's are 192khz 32bit. i tried before setting it to 24bit/192 but nothing changed. I have not tried 16bit yet. I am trying a 3d pc today with the second julia xte i have laying arround. hope to find something..

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 8:44 am 

So I tried with a third pc running latest windows version with a Julia xte.

I tried getting the input from Streaming via vlc (internal setting in ST) and the output was analog. Everything worked fine. I said ok let’s turn the output, to digital now. When I turned digital on it worked for 3 hours straight and it happened again. Squeaky sounds like setting wrong sample rate and it only worked again when I turned ST off and on again. As I got so frustrated I currently only use pc’s internal sound card with mehh sound but, i want to find out what’s causing the problem..

Something’s wrong with digital + latest drivers because I have tried reverting to older windows and it didn’t work. Today I am gonna try reverting back to windows 7. I am trying it all 😂

It seems like Julia changes sample rate randomly and I have to reopen ST to make it come back to life. I have tried setting sample rate from windows it but didn’t work.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 4:35 pm 

Quote:
So I tried with a third pc running latest windows version with a Julia xte.

I tried getting the input from Streaming via vlc (internal setting in ST) and the output was analog. Everything worked fine. I said ok let’s turn the output, to digital now. When I turned digital on it worked for 3 hours straight and it happened again. Squeaky sounds like setting wrong sample rate and it only worked again when I turned ST off and on again. As I got so frustrated I currently only use pc’s internal sound card with mehh sound but, i want to find out what’s causing the problem..

Something’s wrong with digital + latest drivers because I have tried reverting to older windows and it didn’t work. Today I am gonna try reverting back to windows 7. I am trying it all 😂

It seems like Julia changes sample rate randomly and I have to reopen ST to make it come back to life. I have tried setting sample rate from windows it but didn’t work.
Very strange. Did you try to set both sides to INTernal? Sounds strange but try. I have one point where i have Hardware unit Digital output that was making strange problems with Juli@. I set bot sides to INT and fixed samplerates and since then that connection just works.