All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 5:03 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
So I tried with a third pc running latest windows version with a Julia xte.

I tried getting the input from Streaming via vlc (internal setting in ST) and the output was analog. Everything worked fine. I said ok let’s turn the output, to digital now. When I turned digital on it worked for 3 hours straight and it happened again. Squeaky sounds like setting wrong sample rate and it only worked again when I turned ST off and on again. As I got so frustrated I currently only use pc’s internal sound card with mehh sound but, i want to find out what’s causing the problem..

Something’s wrong with digital + latest drivers because I have tried reverting to older windows and it didn’t work. Today I am gonna try reverting back to windows 7. I am trying it all 😂

It seems like Julia changes sample rate randomly and I have to reopen ST to make it come back to life. I have tried setting sample rate from windows it but didn’t work.
Very strange. Did you try to set both sides to INTernal? Sounds strange but try. I have one point where i have Hardware unit Digital output that was making strange problems with Juli@. I set bot sides to INT and fixed samplerates and since then that connection just works.

Haven’t tried that, but I have tried giving input from VLC streaming engine and the output digital from juli@ so then I had fixed out 192 INT but then it did the clicking sounds like before. It didn’t completely freaked out like when I use INT but it did some clicks here and there. I am thinking of buying a MARIAN Clara D what are ur thoughts on this? Maybe juli@ drivers are broken and need some fixing from ESI. Do you use you juli@ with digital out or just analog?

FYI I am playing with the internal Realtek audio card now while getting the sound from my streaming and it works flawlessly for the past 15 hours. It’s definitely something wrong with juli@.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:00 am 

This may very well be too little, too late..
But I think I have dealt with the same issue as you and I accidentally managed to resolve it by turning off 'Intel Virtualization Technology' in the bios.

The system I am running is a Dell T3500 with Intel Xeon processor and a ESI Juli@ PCI card.
Hopefully this comment can still help you in resolving your issue.

I've spent multiple evenings for weeks trying to find the cause, but every time the crackling sound would return, sometimes sooner, sometimes later.
Until I turned off that bios setting.

Also posting this for potential future readers, best regards.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:35 pm 

I have been using juli@ for about 10 years with ST, now switched to a spare machine, in my experience I can tell you that the 1.30 driver has always created problems for me on win 10, it works stably with 1.21, try it!!!