All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Is my ESI Juli@ Broken?
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 12:33 pm 

Hello!

I have been fighting for over 15days with skipping/lagging sound problems with my ESI jULI@ on FM. Been using it fine for over 2 years with stereo tool and ASIO. Here you can find an mp3 recorded file from an rtl sdr capturing the problem on FM: https://we.tl/t-GowJL5GC4w

Windows 10 machine
I5 processor

ESI julia driver 1.3.0 (latest)

I am using the digital input and output of the juli@(PC B - running ST) being fed by another pc also with a juli@(pc A - running automation software).

PC A: DIGITAL OUT 192KHZ/24BIT INT CLOCK - DRIVER 1.3.0 - ASIO
PC B: DIGITAL IN+OUT 192KHZ/24BIT EXT CLOCK(SLAVE) - DRIVER 1.3.0 - NO ASIO

i tried making the PC A output from channels 1,2 analog audio and fed it to PC 2 via analog inputs (1+2 asio) and i still left the output on pc B at digital out(3+4) at 192khz but the problem still exists..

Is my sound card broken?

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 2:30 pm 

Did your windows10 got update recently? That what i hear is digital lag not buffer. Try to make all 16bit.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 4:38 pm 

Quote:
Did your windows10 got update recently? That what i hear is digital lag not buffer. Try to make all 16bit.
yes it updated lately but i cant confirm if it happened after the update or not as i am batling with this problem a lot. i will change everything to 16bit and let you know bojcha. else i will have to revert to an older windows version and check if thet helps..

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 6:36 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
yes it updated lately but i cant confirm if it happened after the update or not as i am batling with this problem a lot. i will change everything to 16bit and let you know bojcha. else i will have to revert to an older windows version and check if thet helps..
And always remember, disable Driver and Windows update ALWAYS!

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 6:49 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
And always remember, disable Driver and Windows update ALWAYS!
ok i will do and let you know. fyi i just changed pc B to output 192khz analog MPX (before i had it on digital) and it still does the same thing.. so the only thing that i am gonna try is reverting to an older windows version..

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 11:10 pm 

I forgot, check that digital cable! Pull in/out on both sides several times, or try other one.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 11:15 pm 

Quote:
I forgot, check that digital cable! Pull in/out on both sides several times, or try other one.
Just tried with a completely other pc and a Julia that I have as a backup and still the same thing. So this is either windows update + driver problem or something with my transmitter. I doubt it’s the second one. Probably something with windows updates and the driver as both pc are in the latest windows. I am reverting back to an older version tomorrow..

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 5:04 pm 

So after many tries I am closer on resolving the issue.

I reverted back to windows 10 1909 version and the problem still occurs but I was able to further find what’s causing it.

So when I try to do something on the pc (like opening the browser) while stereo tool is running the audio lags/skips. I am starting to think that this seems similar to https://www.forums.stereotool.com/viewt ... =5&t=30713

So to make it clear while running stereo tool with an ESI JULIA on 2 pc’s I have the same behaviour. Pc A
is running ST with windows 10 latest version and when I do something on the pc the sound lags (even opening chrome does this). Pc B also does the same thing while running windows 10 version 1909. This is crazy… what should I try next?

Both of them have the latest driver from ESI 1.3.0. I talked with ESI and they told me to try with an older driver like 1.2.1. While I tried that on the pc that runs windows 10 latest version I haven’t tried that on the other machine with the 1909 version. Uhhh it’s getting so frustrating. They are planning to support windows 11 with a newer driver update sometime in the future so if this is a driver problem it might be solved with an update but why I get the same behaviour even when I reverted to an older windows version.?

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 6:42 pm 

I think something is wrong with your motherboard. That hang-ups should never happen when other load is present. So something about PCI communication is chocked. Maybe even memory settings or memory sticks itself. Check for memory errors. See if there is any bios update for MB, or atleast reset bios and adjust it again.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 7:39 pm 

Quote:
I think something is wrong with your motherboard. That hang-ups should never happen when other load is present. So something about PCI communication is chocked. Maybe even memory settings or memory sticks itself. Check for memory errors. See if there is any bios update for MB, or atleast reset bios and adjust it again.
This is happening on 2 different pcs with 2 different Esi Julia’s. I can try with a third(they say third time’s a charm :lol: ) pc and a third Julia and I will come back for more info.

I have one PCI Julia and 2 XTE’s